1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 22, 2012 12:49 AM by Hayton

How Do I Disable the Updating that demands rebooting my whole computer while i am in mid full scan??

Every time when I Am in full scan that takes hours to complete, The updater ALWAYS demands that I Stop everything and reboot, Which Ends up cancelling the Scans and are NEVER COMPLETED! What is the use of scanning for taking out those viruses & repairs when they can never be allowed to completed! Those updates should not to be allowed to stand in the way of scanning for those viruses for which we are supposed to be protected from!! Can you please Go back to issuing Updates for which rebooting is not needed or at least get a resume scanning where it left off after the forced stop for updating reboots? or at least disabling the The reboot demanding updates while any scan is in progress? Please It has been months since I have had a full scan It should be allowed to be completed not constantly forced to be canceled by reboots by updating reboots! Thank You!

• 1. Re: How Do I Disable the Updating that demands rebooting my whole computer while i am in mid full scan??
          Hayton

Question moved from "Getting Started In The Community" to VirusScan, which seems more relevant.

This is the old "Updates-during-scan" problem, which got fixed and is now broken again. I complained about it in the conference calls but I see no movement to re-fix it, so I suggest you do what I did, namely -

Go into Security Center.

Select 'Automatic Updates' in the top section

Click on Settings

Click on the blue button to turn off automatic updating

Of course, this means you have to remember to get McAfee updates yourself, at least once a day (I do it just before I power down for the night - or, as now, when dawn breaks)

You will be slightly less secure than before, but only slightly if you don't forget to download updates. And you won't be infuriated by having updates suddenly installing while a scan is running.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 22/09/12 06:49:43 IST