6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2012 9:51 AM by showvik

ARTEMIS!48BFABDEFA16

Hi,

I received ARTEMIS!48BFABDEFA16 Trojan virus on my computer today. I scanned my computer a couple of times already and it says "no virus found." But when i checked the history it says Mcafee has removed the trojan and needs the computer to be restarted. I restarted my computer but it stills shows up in the history. I dont think Mcafee removed the Trojan and it will eventually damage my laptop. Please advise with what i should do to remove the trojan from my computer.

Thanks

Dee

• 1. Re: ARTEMIS!48BFABDEFA16
          Peacekeeper

By history you mean The area where it says how many threats detected ? This is a total since installed may not be the area but usually users think this total is current.

• 2. Re: ARTEMIS!48BFABDEFA16

Hi Tony,

I clicked on Navigation (Mcafee) and then on left side it says Reports and Log. I clicked on history and logs title and then threats detected. That's where I found that Mcafee has removed the Trojan and needs the computer to be restarted. I think it's current because date is 09/22/2012 but i am not sure. Please let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks

Dee

• 3. Re: ARTEMIS!48BFABDEFA16
              Peacekeeper

Restart and then take a pic of the message you mentioned. Also post the trojan name.

• 4. Re: ARTEMIS!48BFABDEFA16

Hi Dee,

As per the description so far, it must be the detection history which is just an information on what detections were seen on the machine. It does not correspond to any active infection as long as the action performed says, 'Deleted'. However, we investigated this particular detection and confirmed it to be a false alarm.  We have suppressed ARTEMIS!48BFABDEFA16. Kindly allow a minimum of two hours for this update to reflect in Artemis system.

Regards,

Showvik

• 5. Re: ARTEMIS!48BFABDEFA16

Hi Showvik,

It does say Removed (restart required) on Mcafee threats detected area since the day i saw this virus. I couldnt upload the picture becuase of size (more than 4 mb). You are saying it was a false alarm then it must not affect my computer at all............right? Also where can i check the status in Aretemis system?

Thanks for you help

Dee

• 6. Re: ARTEMIS!48BFABDEFA16

Hi Dee,

You are correct, it will not harm your computer. To check the status, you may submit the file as per one of the methods mentioned here. On successful submission, it should respond with current classification of the file.

Regards,

Showvik