2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 24, 2012 2:58 PM by tdc123

McAfee agent  4.5 on a VM

I am really new at this and not sure what I am missing.  I updated on a VM to ePO 4.5.5 and  installed on the VM the 4.5 agent

when I click on the update shield tab on the VM I get an unable to find a valid repository;  and an update process failed.

I know this is very vaque. but a few pointers to check?  How do I know if it even connected to the ePO?

• 1. Re: McAfee agent  4.5 on a VM
          hem

Please initiate ASCI from the client machine (M icon=>right click=>Agent status monitor) and click on tabs. Do you see any error message?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: McAfee agent  4.5 on a VM

Hi HEM..what I did was to remove the agent manually and now trying to get the ePO to push the agent .  

If I go to my Detected systems on the ePO .  I show that my Subnet status shows 1 contain Rogues 7 uncovered.

I show in my Over all system status box I have 7 Rogue. I show in my Rogue System Sensor Status all are 0

How do I get my ePO to push an agent ....  in my Rouge System Interfaces by Subnet I show all of my 192.168.101 xxx ip address....so my ePO does does see my network I varified that it can communicate with it via a ping in the ePO. 

Message was edited by: tdc123 on 9/24/12 2:58:32 PM CDT