5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2012 6:21 PM by karthiks

cannot install mcafee back

After the problem with the update I cannont install mcafee again on my pc because "I am using more licenses' than allowed.

I had my pc's reinstalled because I thought it was something else, but now I cannot get the protection I am paying for.

The support service doesn't cover this country (Bolivia) in any way, calling is not an option.

I am truly disappointed with the service, there isn't an e-mail address where I can make myself heard.

Can someone help please?

thank you

MCF

• 1. Re: cannot install mcafee back

Hi mcf,

Please let me know in how many computers you have installed the McAfee, also update me the computer names if possible so that I can try my best to get this resolved. Thanks,

• 2. Re: cannot install mcafee back

Hello Karthik

Thank you for replying.

I have installed mcafee in 4 pc's as follows:

1) WERK-PC is my HP laptop, (replacing my old Dell which by the way also sitll has mcafee installed, very seldom used)

2) MARYCRUZ-PC is the pc where I cannot install mcafee again and the one that I used the most for my work.

3) ANTOON-PC is almost never on, only to load updates, it has mcafee because it has a network connection

4) MC-STUDIE is an old PC which I also use for work and has saved me during the time I coudn't use nr 2).

I had understood that my 3 license agreement meant that I could install the product in any pc as long I as I am not using more that three licenses at a time. This has never been the case.

All my work is in pc nr. 2), of course I have backed it up, but still, I have to work with it every day, and now unprotected.

I hope you can help me,

thanks,

MC

• 3. Re: cannot install mcafee back

Hi,

You mean to say the McAfee is installed in the machine name MC-STUDIE and nr is also a machine name you had McAfee installed.

• 4. Re: cannot install mcafee back

Hello,

As I have stated above, I have Mcafee installed in all 4 PC's, that is why I have numbered them.

thank you

MC

• 5. Re: cannot install mcafee back

Hi,

Please do the following and then try to install the McAfee. Thanks,

When I checked your McAfee account there are 6 licenses are in use, but you are valid to install only 3 licenses. So you can deactivate some machines that are not in use i.e. Machines that you do not have McAfee installed. I have mentioned the steps below to deactivate the unwanted machine names from your account, try this and check you are able to install the McAfee.

• Login to your McAfee Account
                  • After login, click on Device Protection and you will see the computer names which are in active status
                  • Select the Machine name and deactivate the unwanted machines using the deactivate button (To install McAfee you have to deactivate 4 license machines)
                  • After deactivate the machines logout and Login into the McAfee Account
                  • Try installing the McAfee and update me the result