Please follow the below steps to disable the access protection and then run the MSCPRXFIX.EXE tool given in the below link. Update the McAfee after that and check you are able to fix the issue. Thanks,
Disable Access Protection :
- Double-click the M icon in your taskbar.
- Click Navigation at the top right corner.
- Select About. Note the name of your product suite (for example, McAfee Total Protection, McAfee Anti-Virus Plus).
- Click the X to close the About window.
- Select General Settings and Alerts.
- Open the Access Protection drawer.
- Deselect the option to Use Access Protection.
MSCPRXFIX.EXE tool :
Note : Reselect the Access Protection after completing the above