Unless one of the McAfee guys on the forum know what's going on, I suspect that you may need to raise a service request with support.
However, one thing worth pointing out is that you say you are running 8.1.2. The current release is 8.2.1P03 and there have been any number of fixes applied between your version and the current one.
You may well find that an upgrade will fix the problem.
I would schedule this on coming weekend.
To test it further we built a windows 7 machine.Again we disabled windows update from microsoft website and checked and managed to pass the traffic.
Again we tried downloading the updates on this machine so that can check if any particular kb is blocking it.
But we are not able to connect to microsoft update center.
Anyways created Kb and expecting the response.
Phil-Is it possible to directtly upgrade to 8.2.1 version from 8.1.2?
I can see in the release notes that first it has to be on 8.2.0 at least.I am using firewall appliance.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
If you go to the Maintenance -> Software Management GUI screen, you should be able to download all available updates.
Once downloaded you should be able to work out your upgrade path by looking at the "Dependencies" column.
As 8.2.1 lists 8.2.0 as a dependency you will need to go from 8.1.2 -> 8.2.0 -> 8.2.1.
The interim 8.2.1 patches P01, P02 & P03 are not inter-dependent. P03 simply lists 8.2.1 as its dependency, so you should be able to install P03 without needing to install P01 & P02 first.
Will upgrade it and check if it solves the issue.
I've just checked again, and since I last looked there would appear to be an 8.2.1P04 patch. So this, rather than P03 is the current release.
It is advisable to upgrade to 821P04 definetly. If that does not help, I suggest that you get a case open with support. It can be a bit tricky to get SSL decryption/re-encryption setup, though it does seem very strange that the only OS that seems to have issues is Windows 7.
Opended the case with support.Advised to upgrade to 821P03.
Issue resolved for me.
Now again new problem arose.
Skype fail to load on any of the machine.The audit log is showing the same error as was for any https sites previously.
Driving me crazy.Seems to again go back to support.
You gentlemen anyways has any suggestion to it.
I allowed skype through access rules,but it seems if it going to port 443 on ssl rules and denying the traffic.