5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2012 8:42 AM by asabban

MWG 6.x - Update URL Filter failed

mcafee-com-user

Hello,

since last night (10p.m. German time on 6th september) we do not get URL Filter updates.

Error message:

[Fri Sep  7 10:07:43 2012] "full 35209" 200 OK!

[Fri Sep  7 10:07:43 2012] "Downloading file: sfcontrol.download.info"  OK!

[Fri Sep  7 10:07:43 2012] "Downloading file: sfcontrol.download" Can not download URLList:/opt/webwasher-csm/conf/smartfilter/sfcontrol.download

Does anyone have the same problem?

We did not do any changes in our installation or internet connection.

We also tried with a virtual test installation and got there the same error.

Best regards.

• 1. Re: MWG 6.x - Update URL Filter failed
          ivherrma

we're recognizing the same error, both on 6.9.2 and 6.9.3 and for incremental updates as well as for full updates:

SF:[Fri Sep  7 13:38:52 2012] "incr 35512" 200 OK!

SF:[Fri Sep  7 13:38:52 2012] "Downloading file: sfcontrol.download.current"  OK!

SF:[Fri Sep  7 13:38:52 2012] "Downloading file: sfcontrol.download.info"  OK!

SF:[Fri Sep  7 13:38:52 2012] "Downloading file: sfcontrol.download.35513" Can not download URLList:/opt/webwasher-csm/conf/smartfilter/sfcontrol.download.35513

SF:[Fri Sep  7 13:50:46 2012] "full 35512" 200 OK!

SF:[Fri Sep  7 13:50:46 2012] "Downloading file: sfcontrol.download.info"  OK!

SF:[Fri Sep  7 13:50:46 2012] "Downloading file: sfcontrol.download" Can not download URLList:/opt/webwasher-csm/conf/smartfilter/sfcontrol.download

• 2. Re: MWG 6.x - Update URL Filter failed
            mcafee-com-user

Okay, so we have to wait till McAfee solves the problem on the systems providing the updates.

Hopefully this will be done asap.

• 3. Re: MWG 6.x - Update URL Filter failed
              asabban

Hello,

I just ran a quick update on one of my lab machines, but I was unable to replicate the problem. If t he issue persists I recommend to file an SR with tech support and provide them with a feedback of the affected installations. Without more data it is not possible to troubleshoot the problem. The error message unfortunately is not very helpful.

Maybe you can check if there is some additional information in the update and/or errors logs?

best,

Andre

• 4. Re: MWG 6.x - Update URL Filter failed
                ivherrma

Hello Andre,

it seems that your update played the go-devil.

I've just tried to update again and it worked like a charm!

Btw. there were no additional informations in update.log or errors.log

thanks,

Ivo

• 5. Re: MWG 6.x - Update URL Filter failed
                  asabban

Hello,

from what I can tell so far I believe it may be a network problem (not on your end). All requests failing are pointing to mwg-update.mcafee.com. This is a CDN host with distributed caches all over the world. They are actually dumb file servers so there isn´t really something that can go wrong, except missing files. I had a quick look and it seems that all files are present as expected, so this may be a local/temporary issue with some of the caches.

I will keep watching but at the moment I don´t think there is anything required to be done on your end.

best,

Andre