1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 6, 2012 5:58 PM by Hayton

Distributing symantec AV updates to clients computers on different VLANS/networks

Hi, I am a newbie working with McAfee Autoupdate Architect/AV,  who has been tasked to distribute AV updates to client computers in our network.

Desired outcome is to Push McAfee AV updates to client computers on 2 different VLANS / networks  in a (closed networked environment). All clients are currently running Mcafee Virus Scan Enterprise 8.7.0i.

Problem:

Running McAfee Autoupdate Architect 1.1.2 on 1 AV file server which has dual NIC cards configured for each of  VLANs (VLAN1 with IP address of 192.168.206.xxx, VLAN 2  IP Address. 192.168.6.xxx).  McAfee AV updates are not being pushed to  VLAN 2. DAT files are downloaded from net and uploaded manually to dedicated AV File server then pushed to clients on VLAN 1. Need to push AV updates to VLAN 2.

The site list config document point the clients to the 192.168.206.xxx VLAN/network….. . Do I need to setup another AV file server in order to push updates, or is there a way I can configure McAfee Autoupdate Architect or the client computers to pull the updates from current AV File server?. Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

• 1. Re: Distributing symantec AV updates to clients computers on different VLANS/networks
          Hayton

You posted in the consumer section, twice. This post has been moved to ePO in the Business section for attention. The other, duplicate post will be deleted.

I see an earlier post in the consumer section dated August 6th on the same or a similar topic. That will be moved into ePO as well.

Edit - The other post contains the following, not included in the post above -

and when I try to manually update the clients on VLAN to I get a "repository can not be found error"

You will need to say whether that is still the case.

2nd Edit : You might perhaps want to amend the Subject Header slightly. Distributing Symantec AV updates isn't exactly a popular subject on the McAfee forums :-)

Message was edited by: Hayton on 06/09/12 22:10:00 IST

Message was edited by: Hayton on 06/09/12 23:58:07 IST