3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2012 4:55 AM by asabban

Use different interfaces for management and proxy?

shubham87

Hi,

I need to use different interfaces for managerment and other interface for proxy?

I have assigned IP address to two interfaces of the appliance. Under proxies option I have added one of the interface as xx.xx.xx.xx:9090. This is the interface i want to use as a proxy.

Where do I assign the other interface to be used as management interface?

Thanks

Shubham Arora

• 1. Re: Use different interfaces for management and proxy?
          asabban

Hello,

in case "Management" means the User Interface you can configure the interface in Configuration -> User Interfaces -> HTTP(S) Connector. You can specify IP:Port here, just like you do for the proxy.

Best,

Andre

• 2. Re: Use different interfaces for management and proxy?
            shubham87

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

What if I want to use separate interface for ingress and egress traffic coming to the proxy?

What is the recommended configuration?

Thanks

Shubham Arora

• 3. Re: Use different interfaces for management and proxy?
              asabban

Hello,

the outgoing interface cannot be configure explicitly, but is decided via routing. MWG will pick the outgoing interface based on the routing table. If there is no specific route it will pick the interface which points towards the default gateway.

So to split between incoming, outgoing and management you would pick three interfaces, eth0, eth1 and eth2. Configure eth0 with its IP information and the default gateway. This will automatically become the interface  MWG uses when talking to the internet. Bind the proxy port to eth1, so eth1 will become your incoming interface. Bind the GUI to eth2 and eth2 becomes your management interface.

That´s basically it.

Best,

Andre

1 of 1 people found this helpful