0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2012 5:52 AM by juanan

I don't know if my pc has been cleaned

I have contracted and installed McAfee Internet Security 2012.

Yesterday a pop-up message from the antivirus tool informed me that zeroaccess trojan had been removed. This message started to appear constantly. Besides, the icons on desktop appeared aligned at the left side, and mcafee protection services were desactivated with no options to activate them again.

After looking for information about this virus and trying to remove its rootkit, finally it seems to disappear after executing kaspersky TDSSkiller. After that, finally mcafee services seem to be activated again.

I also executed Spyhunter that showed me that I also had two other trojans: magania and lop.com.

In addition, I run a full antivirus scan process with mcafee and any threat was found. Why mcafee didn't detect this other two trojans? how can I be sure if they are in my pc and how can I remove them?

This morning mcafee services were again desactivated. I runned again spyhunter which, again detected some threats and apparently removed them.

Now I don't know if my pc is infected or protected. Mcafee is unable to discover some threats that other tools can find.

What kind of protection offers mcafee if it can be disabled by trojans and it can't detect any threat?

I would like to know how I can be sure that my pc is clean, and if not, how I can have a mcafee tool that works propertly, as it is expected in this kind of applications.

Thank you very much in advance