You must run the MVT before doing a system restore, which would have fixed your issue.
Now, you can use the below link to remove all the installed McAfee products:
& you can reinstall the McAfee software back from home.mcafee.com
I actually did run the MVT before doing a system restore, which is how I know that it did not fix the issue. The system restore was my last resort before coming here; I don't really like doing them as a rule.
Thanks for the link to the MCPR; was hoping it wouldn't come to that but seems as if that's the easiest fix action at this point.
Did you tried running the MVT by downloading it from online or the one which was already there on your PC?
Also, please do update me on the McAfee Product status once after the reinstallation.
When I ran the MVT, I downloaded it instead of relying on the one already on the PC. (If there even was one; I didn't check to see.)
Uninstalling and reinstalling from scratch seems to have resolved the issue. DAT is 6820, and forcing an update did not result in a recurrence of the error. Subscription verification was also attempted and completed successfully.
Problem resolved, but I still wonder what on earth caused it in the first place.
There was an issue with the DAT 6807. Since you had the DAT 6806, I think that could be a reason for the Update issue.
Great, good to hear that your computer is fully secure now.