1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 23, 2012 8:58 PM by Pritish

Digital Signature Error

Looking to correct a problem with MSAAS. I get three errors of the same type when I attempt to open MSAAS. "McAfee plugin "*.dll" is not a digitally signed McAfee DLL and cannot be trusted. The following 3 files come up in the following order:

securitycentersyncplugin.dll

VSUI.dll

TpsSaUiPlugin.dll

The console opens, but I can not use the program. Have tried reinstall and McAfee Stinger. No viruses or malware found. Please help.

-Dan

• 1. Re: Digital Signature Error
          Pritish

Hi burakd83,

Please let us know if you have tried to uninstall and reinstall the McAfee software on the computer or just tried reinstalling the McAfee software on the computer.

Please try to completely uninstall and reinstall the McAfee software using the below steps.

Steps for Uninstallation :

1. Log on to the security center from www.mcafeesaas.com
          2. Click on the tab utilities-> select the sub tab Migration & Optimization.
          3. Under the Cleanup Utility --> select the download option.
          4. Download and save it to the desktop and run this exe to uninstall.
          5. Delete all the entries from start-> select "Run" ->type "temp" and then select all the files and folder under that and delete. (Ignore the files that you are not able to delete)
          6.  Delete all the entries from start->select "Run" ->type "%temp%"and then select all the files and folder under that and delete. (Ignore the files that you are not able to delete)
          7. Reboot the computer.

Steps for Installation :

1. Login to www.mcafeesaas.com with your login credentials.
          2. Click on computers tab.
          3. Select the computer name from which you uninstalled McAfee and delete it.
          4. Close the security center.

After you have done all the above steps, please proceed with the below steps for the installation.

1.Open the webpage www.mcafeesaas.com
          2.Click on log in and enter your email address and password and login
          3.Under the tab dashboard, click on the install protection and select desktop protection.
          4.click on next.
          5.If you want to install McAfee on that computer you can install by selecting the first option.
          6.select the following features which you want to be installed in your computer.
             Virus and spyware protection service
             Firewall protection service
             Browser protection and web filtering service
          7.click on click here to install.
          8.Download the tops file and save it on your C drive and run it from there.
          9.McAfee will be installed in your computer.

Please let me know if you have any other queries and I will be assisting you further.

Regards

Pritish P.