2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2012 6:45 AM by Tristan

Disable VirusScan using Epo

denniz

For locating some issues maybe related to McAfee, i need to temporary disable the virusscanner of some workstations and servers in our domain.

I want to create a node in the System Tree, and move some of the machines to this location, an then it should be possible to disable Virusscan.

But how can i create a policy that will disable the virusscanner? I can open the VirusScan-console, Unlock the user interface, and stop the tasks, but after a while (due to Epo), the tasks are started again.

• 1. Re: Disable VirusScan using Epo
          denniz

Hmm, some extra searching thru epo, and i can answer my question myself.

Duplicate 3 default policies:

- Access Protection Plicies

- On Delivery Email Scan Policies

- On -Access General Policies

Edit the dublicate (i called them 'disable'), and uncheck almost all checkboxes i could find.

Go to the system tree, and edit the assignments, and broke the inheritance and assign the 'disable' policy.

Then on the machines, checked for new policies and enforced them. (Or just wait until Epo updates the policies automatically).

• 2. Re: Disable VirusScan using Epo
            Tristan

I don't think you can disabled via ePO

You could possibly do it by disabling access protection via a policy and then using a cmd script to disable McAfee services with 'SC'

DESCRIPTION:
                    SC is a command line program used for communicating with the Service Control Manager and services.
            USAGE:
                    sc <server> [command] [service name] <option1> <option2>...

The option <server> has the form "\\ServerName"
                    Further help on commands can be obtained by typing: "sc [command]"

So the following will disable the framework service and VSE service

sc \\computer stop McAfeeFramework

sc \\computer stop McShield

or possibly the McAfee Profiler might be a better tool to analyse VSE performance

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB69683&cat=CORP_AAC_MCAFE E_UTILITIES&actp=LIST

http://mer.mcafee.com/enduser/downloadmcprofiler.aspx to download it