Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
13509 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 3:19 AM by Peacekeeper RSS 1 2 Previous Next
evitano Newcomer 6 posts since
Aug 25, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 26, 2012 8:55 AM

Cannot turn on McAfee or Windows Firewall

Since 1 month i'm experiencing problems with both MacAfee firewall as windows firewall. I'm currently running windows 7, SP1 and McAfee Antivirus plus. When i'm trying to turn McAfee firewall on it immediatel turns off again. Windows firewall is down as well. When I'm trying to start it thru services.msc i get the errorcode 1075. Same goes voor the Ipsec Policy Agent which is related, i read.  When started up thru Control Panel I get the errorcode 0x80070433.

A month ago I had an issue where a mcafee window kept popping up saying it detected trojans. Unfortunately i didn't write down which of what trojan(s) they were. Since i detected the problem with the firewall later on I didn't see an immediate relationship. So, i first uninstalled McAfee and reinstalled in order to get the firewall up and running. Logs probably will be uninstalled as well as I can't seem to find them in order to trace back the trojan which was removed by mcafee. I've tried to manually start up the firewall services but that didn't help. I've scanned my drive with Stinger, GetSusp, Superantispyware, TDSSKiller,Malwarebytes Free and CCE. Nothing really harmfull has been found although CCE reported a problem with GLobal winlogon :

====== Cleanup results ======

Global    WINLOGON    SYSCHANGE    Repair    OK

Global    HOSTS    SYSCHANGE    Repair    OK

So it seems that i've been infected with something. I've downloaded the rootkitremover but that turned up nothing. Malwarebytes

With MVT it gives a few problems with the registry keys:

Registry                2 Registry key(s) incorrect                     
                                Expected Registry Value not Present                               
                                Expected : 60
                                Existing : 600
                              Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee\SystemCore\VSCore\On Access Scanner\McShield\Configuration ScanProcessesDelaySeconds
                                Expected Registry Value not Present                               
                                Expected : ini log txt trc
                                Existing : ini log txt trc wiki-publisher log1 evtx mui
                              Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee\SystemCore\VSCore\On Access Scanner\McShield\Configuration SmoothWritesExtensions

and firewall services:

Product Name:Personal Firewall              - McAfee AntiVirus Plus
Product Version:12.6.172
Language:nl
Partner:McAfee
Health Check Details
                  Registry                                      OK                   
                  File                                      OK                   
                  Process                                      OK                   
                  Service                1 service(s) incorrect                     
                                Expected Service State Incorrect                             
                            Expected : running
                            Existing : stopped
                              Service: McMPFSvc "C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe" /McCoreSvc

I've seen similar problems here on the forums (i.e. https://community.mcafee.com/thread/47198?start=0&tstart=0) but can't find any solutions.

I've tried to contact support for help but i can't select a mailadress or phonenumber on the webpage. That's why i'm posted here and hoping someone can help me. I just prolonged my subscription but this way that seems no point.

Thanks very much in advance for the help which is appreciated.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points