1 2 3 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2012 4:07 AM by exbrit

Unknown problems found by GetSusp. What now?

wildfire

Hello all. I'm here again! Computer is acting very strange but regular McAfee Total Protection says everything is OK. I don't believe it. I ran the new Stinger Tool that Vinoo set me an email for and it found a lot of things that are unknown to me. I want to get rid of them because the date that each of these show is approximately the date things started to get crazy. I am on Vista Premium 64 bit Service pack 2 and I am going to try to upload the logs of what GetSusp found.

Please sir Ex Pat or vinoo or someone, help me get rid of these items. GetSusp is great because it's fast and it finds hidden things that regular Total Protection doesn't find, but it gives you no way to dispose of the things it finds!

Thank you all for being there for us,

wildfire

Unsuccessful at uploading GetSusp files, but it said they were already sent to you.  Will continue to try.

• 1. Re: Unknown problems found by GetSusp. What now?
          wildfire

Wildfire here. Found something intersting. The file for the logs of the recent scan are in a zip file. When I explore them, they are password protected. Why would you guys do that to me?  My own logs you are keeping from me?? Why?????

Your image capture icon will not allow me to upload the file. I will continue to try. Am operating in safe mode.

thank you,

wildfire

• 2. Re: Unknown problems found by GetSusp. What now?
            vinoo

password for the zip is "infected"  without quotes.

It;'s to prevent people from accidently running the samples collected.

• 3. Re: Unknown problems found by GetSusp. What now?
              wildfire

Ok guys, here's a new one for you. My file logs are in a zip file that is password prtected. it is "SSMInstaller64 {1}.ex_'  How do you like tat?  Now I know where it is and what it's called but, like the last time we spoke, here is another password protected file tha neither me nor my husband has put oin this machine and I want to get rid of them both. You have GOT to find a way to get rid of these files. I feel INVADED!!!!!!!

Thank you vinoo. Another question. I am only being able to answer you because I clicked on "edit" this post. When I click on "reply" nothing happens. The box opens up for me to type, but the cursor is not there to allow me to start typing. I can't click anywhere in the box and be allowed to type. Why?

It is working now. Whew! Scared me! I thought I was all alone! Thank you Vinoo!!!!!!

Message was edited by: wildfire on 8/24/12 3:10:01 PM CDT

Message was edited by: wildfire on 8/24/12 3:11:32 PM CDT
              • 4. Re: Unknown problems found by GetSusp. What now?
                wildfire

Vinoo, I have tried 6 times to upload the files of what GetSusp found. I click on the camera icon, find the file, and press "insert image" and a pink band comes up that says that type of image is not allowed. What to do next?

Question. On the screen when GetSusp first comes up there is a place at the top that says PREFERENCES.

Click on Preferences, and you get a pop up that has choices. One of them is SUBMISSION  MODE.

Under Submission mode, should I click on "Samples" or "Logs"?  Which would be more helpful?

Should I just rerun the scan with your choice clicked under Submission?  Would that help?  I'll do ANYTHING to help you help me!

Thank you,

wildfire 

• 5. Re: Unknown problems found by GetSusp. What now?
                  Peacekeeper

Re curser bug in forum software I just refresh or in your case cut and paste what you tyuped exit editing post and open new post. paste in what you typed.

• 6. Re: Unknown problems found by GetSusp. What now?
                    wildfire

Thank you Peacekeeper! I have re-scaned and will again attempt to upload logs. Don't know why it's so impossible. I have done this before. This time, this thing, whatever it is doesn't want to be eliminated! It has stopped me every step of the way. Will attempt to upload now......

Again, not able to. I click on the camera icon and find the file and click "add image" and I get an error message that says its the wrong kind of picture.

Can someone, anyone, tell me step by step how to upload these log files?  I have tried the way that I have done it before but to no avail. 

PLEASE  HELP!!!!!

wildfire

PS. At the bottom it says "Scan results have been successfully delivered to McAfee Labs". Does that mean you have them?

wildfire

Message was edited by: wildfire on 8/24/12 5:01:13 PM CDT
                    • 7. Re: Unknown problems found by GetSusp. What now?
                      wildfire

I have continued to try since my last post but the file is saved as an "xml" file, whatever that means, and I can't upload it. I have tried the snipping tool that Expat Brit told me about but the machine will not allow me to save it or name it or anything!  I'm getting desperate here. I have 14 infected files that have to be gotten rid of. Can someone come up with another way that I can sent you a copy of the GetSusp Logs?

Thank you all for being there for me and all the other people like me. You are all doing a great service!

Hope someone can think of some way to get you these results.

wildfire

• 8. Re: Unknown problems found by GetSusp. What now?
                        wildfire

Hey guys!  I know it's Friday night, but this old lady needs some help! I'm really scared that this is something serious. In the GetSusp logs it has file names like "MOTIVE" which is really spooky and under location it says "Hot-Location" and that sounds spooky. I'm afraid something really bad is going down here! I can't upload my logs; I can't do a snipping tool capture and send it that way. I can't even save the snip of the logs. It won't allow me to save it. Something really bad is going on here and I need some of your help to eradicate it. I'm so ****** off with this computer, if I ever fix it, I'm never going to use it again. I'm just going to leave it for my husband to use. Please, please, please help me find a way to upload my logs!

wildfire

• 9. Re: Unknown problems found by GetSusp. What now?
                          exbrit

GetSusp submissions will take time to be analysed.   Have you tried using System Restore to go back to before all this happened?   Also try running Stinger and Malwarebytes Free linked in the last link in my signature below.

1 2 3 Previous Next