5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2012 8:16 AM by jj717

Family Protection Error Code: E800

Hi there,

I am new to the forum and I am need help with the Family Protection Activation. I constantly receive this message:

During the activation process, an internal system error occurred. Please contact thchnical support with the following error code: E800.

I've tried the links for support and I can't find help anywhere regarding this error. Has anyone in the group ever encountered this problem.

If so... I could really use your help.

Thanks in advance

jj717

• 1. Re: Family Protection Error Code: E800
          Hayton

Moved to McAfee Family Protection.

The only other reports of an Error E800 I can find are all connected with Canon Copiers. Are you sure that's what the message said? It would help if you could take a screenshot so we can pass this on. I don't know what the error code means and no-one else has reported it.

• 2. Re: Family Protection Error Code: E800

Hi Hayton & "thanks" so much for replying to my issue.

To answer your "?"... When I click on the Verizon Family Protection in the system tray, the login window pops up. With the message: During the activation process, an internal system error occurred. Please contact technical support with the following error code: E800.

I have looked all over the Verizon site for any help or solution to this error. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the software. I have updated the "Super DAT & engine" and I still receive this error. I have even used the Home Agent to see if it would even find the error. Using that program it says that the DAT is corrupt. That was when I found the link to update the DAT files. I still get errors.

Seriously thinking of going back to the Windows Essential Security. I can't seem to find any support on these issues. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially since I'm paying for this monthly.

JJ717

• 3. Re: Family Protection Error Code: E800
              Hayton

The actual error code may not be that important here. The clue is in what else you said : the error was in the activation process, and Home Agent (is that the same as MVT?) reported a DAT error.

So this is almost certainly a result of the faulty DAT that went out on Friday. The symptoms are pretty much the same as in another post about a problem with mcagent (here).

McAfee are saying if you run the latest version of MVT it should force a clean DAT to be installed. I don't know yet if this completely fixes the problem but it probably should do so. Want to try it and let me know if it worked?

• 4. Re: Family Protection Error Code: E800

Are you still seeing this issue?

• 5. Re: Family Protection Error Code: E800

Hi ev1 - Thanks so much for all who helped by answering my problem that I was having with the Family Protection error: E800.

I finally resolved the problem by completely removing the program and doing a thorough clean in my registry.

After doing this I was able to reinstall Family Protection. I believe the issue was due to the corrupt DAT update "6812" released by McAffee.

Thanks again for all of your help!

JJ717