2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2012 5:26 AM by jcfarmer

Weekly Notifications

jcfarmer

Hi, I'm new to this site (and to ePO) and I hope you can help me.

I have just started working for a company that has ePO (4.5) installed on one of their test networks but has never been managed before.

The company would like to start utilising ePO and have given me a list of tasks they would like it to be able to do.

I am however new to the software and no one else has used it before so I am in need of some help.

The current task they would like ePO to do is to send out a weekly notification (via email) updating admins of the number of existing incompliant machines. Is this possible?

I have had a good look and can only see a way of setting up a notification to trigger when a number of 'new' incompliant machines are detected but not for existing machines.

If you require any further information please ask and thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks

jcfarmer 

• 1. Re: Weekly Notifications
          JoeBidgood

Hi...

This is certainly possible - what you want to be looking at are Server Tasks. Please have a look at the relevant section of the product guide if you haven't already done so.

In a nutshell the process would be:

1) Create a new query that returns the information you want - in this case, the non-compliant machines

2) Create a server task where the first action is to run this query, and the sub-action is to email the results to the admins

3) Schedule the task to run once a week.

HTH -

Joe

• 2. Re: Weekly Notifications
            jcfarmer

Thank you very much for the help, that was spot on.