3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2012 5:37 PM by fichaelmigg

Antivirus update

Hi

Recently I found myself deep into a big dark hole, apparently due to the last antivirus update.

The automatic update was done last Friday evening (i can't assure whether or not I switch off pc before the update is finished), the next day moring the pc worked fine and when I started again during night time and since then I'm not able to connect to internet.

According to the internet technical support this is most likely because of last McAfee antivirus update as when pc runs on safety mode, the connection is possible.

The "funny" thing here is that McAfee only gives technical assistance on weekdays between 09-17h which is quite good, specially because i'm only at home on weekends and on weekdays after 18h!... In addition there is no email address where I can send a claim because this function is unavailable on McAfee website.

So, I was told (not by anyone from McAfee as I can't reach them on weekends...) that my only choise would be to remove the antivirus and to install it again. But for that I would need a key-access as the antivrus I have I've got it from internet. Again, the "funny" thing here is that I've never received any key-access to restore the antivirus in case of need.

So, in view of above what are my options? Any light you can share is most welcome.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Antivirus update
          dmeier

could you post your system information, including version of McAfee you are running? 

- David

• 2. Re: Antivirus update

Hi David

Here the required information

Windows 7 Home Premium

McAfee Security Center

Version: 11.0

Compilation: 11.0.678

Affld:642-12

Last update: 26-06-2012

McAfee VirusScan

Version: 15.0

Compilation: 15.0.302

Last update: 17-08-2012

DAT file version: 6807

DAT file creation date: 17-08-2012

Start DAT version: 6802.0000

Start DAT creation version: 13-08-2012

Motor version: 5400.1158

McAfee Personnal Firewall

Vesrion: 12.0

Compilation: 12.0.230

Last update: 28-07-2012

Also have McAfee SiteAdvisor, McAfee Anti-Spam, PArental Controls and Quickclean and Shredder but I thing you don't want to know abt those.

Hope to have informed you well and looking forward to hearing from you

- Jorge

• 3. Re: Antivirus update
              fichaelmigg

Mars,

This does not sem to be a question of MOVE AV. Mcafee, please move this topic to the rite forum...

Regards,

Fichael