1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 14, 2012 12:11 AM by JaiPrakash

McAfee Security Center won't work. When I click it, a white rectangle appears.

Hey, I just recently got a new computer (a week ago). It's the new Dell Inspiron 15R with 3rd Generation Core i5 Ivy Bridge graphics. I found similar threads with this problem and I was able to do the simple tests like checking if Internet Explorer is beta or not. I can assure you that my Internet Explorer is 9 and it's not beta (I went to Tools -> About). I also disabled all my add-ons, closed the brower and restarted it as well. My system is Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1. I think I might as well just delete this Anti-Virus and get Kaspersky or Trend Micro because they're actually worth the money. And I'm not required to have crappy Internet Explorer. Who still uses it? Right, nobody. But yeah, I need serious hel because I'm able to leave for college in about a week. I just downloaded the Virtual Technician and it's screen is blank. I've been waiting for 30 minutes for a live chat session and nobody has come. You know what? How about you guys just refund me and I can go with either of the two mentioned anti-virus programs. This is seriously unacceptable.

• 1. Re: McAfee Security Center won't work. When I click it, a white rectangle appears.
          JaiPrakash

Hi nmoses94, 

A blank window is due to the script engine that is not functioning properly.

Verify Java is installed and up-to-date

If Java is not present, install it from http://www.java.com.

If Java is already installed

Try re-registering the Jscript & VBScript as shown:

1. Click Start and select the Search box.
          2. Type the following command and press ENTER:
            cmd
          3. Right-click command and select Open as Administrator.
          4. Type each of the following commands and press ENTER after each one. After each command has run, you see a success or failure message:

regsvr32 jscript.dll
          regsvr32 vbscript.dll

regsvr32 scrrun.dll