2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2012 10:21 AM by khleong82

How to Install and configure Master Repository ePO 4.6 and Distributed Repository ePo 4.6

Hi All,

I have some question on McAfee master repository ePO and Distributed ePO.

Here is my environment:

4 Antivirus Server in different site connect by WAN Link.

Site A will be install with ePo 4.6 and DLP Device control 9.2.

Site B, Site C and Site D need to install with DLP Device control 9.2 so i need to install ePo 4.6 on site B, Site C and Site D.

My questions are :

1. Site A Master ePo 4,6 will getting update from mcafee https site, for Site B, Site C and Site D servers i don't want it to getting update from internet. I want to configure it ro get update from Master ePo 4,6 fron Site A. May i know how to configure this?

2. Do i need to install ePO 4.6 on Site B, Site C and Site D servers? Since the other site need to use DLP so i need to install ePO inorder to use DLP.

3. How to configure distributed master repository for Site B, Site C and Site D servers getting DAT or repository update from SIte A and do not allow it to get update from internet.

4. How to configure my client to point to their local Mcafee ePo serve to getting update?

5. I got experince on configure ePO 4.5 on single server in one site only, do not have experince on cofigure Master Repository ePo and distributed repository on other sites. Can sonemeone guide me on how to configure distributed repository in other site with more details?

Here with attached of the photo of design.

Thanks

Message was edited by: khleong82 on 8/8/12 11:10:28 AM CDT

Message was edited by: khleong82 on 8/8/12 5:43:55 PM CDT
        • 1. Re: How to Install and configure Master Repository ePO 4.6 and Distributed Repository ePo 4.6
          Sk1dMARK

What is the network latency like between the sites?

Depending on the latency, I think you have 2 options to choose from.

If the latency is LAN-like you may be able to employ Agent Handlers.  This would be the optimal solution as they would contain communication (ASCI and updating traffic to the individual sites).

If the latency is higher than LAN-like, you may be stuck with individual ePO servers at the sites due to your requirement to maintain client-node communication and updating within the sites.

1.) The answer to this one will rely on the infrastructure you choose to employ.

2.) Same as number 1

3.) First you need to identify the servers that will be your repositories.  Set up the distributed repositories (I recommend HTTP as the tech doing the delivery) by installing IIS on the servers and configuring them to serve the folder that the ePO will be replicating to.  This essentially makes that a web folder.  Then you need to create separate Agent Policies and assign the client-nodes in each site to each site's distributed repository.  You then need to create a system task to replicate the master repository to the distributed sites.

4.) This is done with the Agent policies I talked about in #3.

5.) See #3

Hope this helps some.

Regards,

Mark

• 2. Re: How to Install and configure Master Repository ePO 4.6 and Distributed Repository ePo 4.6

Hi Mark

Thank you for your explanation, really apprecaite it

Network latecy between site is 2mbps - 4mbps .

Our plan is every site will install with ePo 4.6 server. Site A will be Master repository.

Site B, Site C and Site D ePo server will replicate the repository from Site A, due to Site B, SiteC and Site D are not allow to pull the update direct from Internet, it must be replicate from Site A. Every SIte will handle their Own site's client. Exmaple Site A will only handle client within site A, SIte B will handle client within Site B.

That mean all the site server are Master Repository?

I just don't understand after installed ePo 4.6 on Site B, Site C and Site D server, what is the next step should i do? How to configure the ePO server in other sites so it will repilcate the update from Master Repository Server in Site A? Do i need to check in software package or  extension? Or i just configure repilcate task o replicate all the package and exrension to other site server will do? Sorry It quite confusing me.

Below are the steps from my mind, can you give your comment on this, these are the correct steps?

1. Install ePo 4.6 on Site A server and configurer as master repository,check in package\extension and configure policy  on Site A ePO server.

2. Install ePO 4.6 on SIte B server, check in the package\extension same as Site A server.

Below step is doing on Site B Site C and Site D server ?

3. 3.) First you need to identify the servers that will be your repositories.  Set up the distributed repositories (I recommend HTTP as the tech doing the delivery) by installing IIS on the servers and configuring them to serve the folder that the ePO will be replicating to.  This essentially makes that a web folder. 

Site A, Site B, Site C, Site D Server

4. Then you need to create separate Agent Policies and assign the client-nodes in each site to each site's distributed repository.

Site A Server

You then need to create a system task to replicate the master repository to the distributed sites.

on 8/11/12 10:21:35 AM CDT