1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 8, 2012 6:13 AM by Ex_Brit RSS

Windows Command Processor Virus help please

gelfy

Hi

I was wandering if anyone could please help. I have the "windows command processor" virus/trojan. I am running windows 7 64 bit on a dell laptop.

The window keeps poping up when I close it and I can't seem to get rid of it. I have not click the "yes" button because after doing some research on google it appears to be a virus.

I have read a post that Goron posted on Feb 12, 2012 3:23 AM about the sam issue and it was suggested that a system restore would fix it. However I cant do this because there is only 1 restore point available to me and it was after my machine was infected.

If anyone has got any suggestions I would be very grateful.

Best wishes

• 1. Re: Windows Command Processor Virus help please
          Ex_Brit

Try booting to Safe Mode and checking if any more restore points are displayed in that mode.   Hint: a quick way to open it is to click the Start button and then simply type rstrui.exe in the Search box just above.   Then click the item in the box above when it appears there.

If that fails try downloading Stinger and Malwarebytes Free both linked in the last link in my signature below and try running them.

You might also want to run DDS and post its log on the special forum listed near the bottom of that link.   They have experts there for things like this.