This issue occurs if the web filtering module gets installed on your computer by error.
Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue.
Pleasetry to uninstall and reinstall the McAfee browser protection on thecomputer.
- Clickon start, select control panel and open the add/remove software underthe control panel.
- Lookfor the McAfee browser protection/site advisor and select it
- Removethe service from the computer.
- Onceyou have removed the service please restart the computer.
Afteryou have done all the above steps, please proceed with the belowsteps for the installation.
- Log in to the online security center
- Select Dashboard tab on the top
- Click on install protection
- Select install protection onto new computers (managed by SecurityCenter) and in the next option select only the browser protection
- Run the file to install the product.
- After you have installed, restart the computer and run a manual update.
Please revert back if the issue is not resolved.