3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2012 4:14 PM by Jon Scholten

Email Logs?

bkirk

I have set up a log monitoringIncident.log that only has events for certain web traffic, and I would like to email these to a particular user once a week.  Is that something that can be done easily?

And can I have these logs not rotate with the same frequency as the access.log's?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Email Logs?
          Jon Scholten

Hi bkirk,

You want to email the entire log file? This is not possible.

You can however push the logs else where (to an FTP/HTTP/HTTPS server).

The monitoring log has its own log rotation settings just like the access.log, so yes you can adjust the settings as you desire.

~jon

• 2. Re: Email Logs?
            bkirk

This log file should only contain entries for a particular user defined category, and shouldn't be very large, That is why I wanted to know if we could rotate it once a week and send it off in an email, so it sounds like that isn't an option but I could rotate once a week and  ftp or http it to a webserver. 

Thank you.

• 3. Re: Email Logs?
              Jon Scholten

It is true that the logs are small, but the problem is that logs are all transactional, so they are written when a specific transaction takes place. This only leaves the pushing settings to send information like the logs.

Otherwise you could just trigger an event to send an email each time a specific event/transaction takes place (which is a disabled rule in there by default).

~jon