0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2012 9:17 AM by thiima

McAfee Endpoint 5.2.5 + Windows 7 + 802.1X Wireless

thiima

Hello All,

I have a quick query for anyone who may have come come across this and might be able to offer any advice (I've logged a call but I don't think i've been able to explain it well enough to support personnel).

We currently have McAfee Endpoint 5.2.5 deployed and have recentlyish started using Windows 7.

We also have a wireless network set up with 802.1X requiring a certificate, and the wireless connection is set to single sign on to the wireless network immediately before user logon using the windows 7 wireless setings.

When we use McAfee just the pre-boot authentication we do not experience any problems, but when we use it with the Windows Login Screen Replacement (Used to be called a Gina but has a diferent name in 7) it will not attempt to perform a sign on to the wireless at the point of log on.

I have attached some very bad quality screenshots that show the difference between a standard widows login and the endpoint login screen.

Does anyone know if there is a way of either making endpoint 5.2.5 attempt to log in to the wireless on logon the same way windows 7 does by default, or failing that if version 6 of endpoint offers this functionality.

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: thiima on 03/08/12 09:17:49 CDT