1 2 3 4 Previous Next 35 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2012 9:18 AM by exbrit

GetSusp found it, but how do I get rid of it?

wildfire

I am a member of the community and you guys have helped me so many times! I only hope you can help me now! After many scans finding nothing and the "whatever it is" not allowing me to access the McAfee site, I have finally isolated the culprit with the help of GetSusp. Unfortunately, I have found out that it is password protected and I am not able to delete it. I was only able to access the McAfee site because I had saved an much earlier web page discussion about Artimus. This new problem is NOT Artimus. I will attempt to post the logs. 

Yours respectfully,

wildfire

• 1. Re: GetSusp found it, but how do I get rid of it?
          wildfire

Edit  previous post to add that I am running Windows Vista 64 bit  Home Premium Edition with service pack 2.

Thank  you,

wildfire

• 2. Re: GetSusp found it, but how do I get rid of it?
            exbrit

I've sent you an invitation to join the GetSusp group.  Once you get it, accept, and then post back here and I will move this thread there.

• 3. Re: GetSusp found it, but how do I get rid of it?
              wildfire

Hello again sir! I've found your email, but I don't know what I am to do with it.  There is no accept button. Where should I go from here?

Thank you,

wildfire

• 4. Re: GetSusp found it, but how do I get rid of it?
                wildfire

Sorry Sir!!!  I found the second email with the link. I have clicked on it. Brought me to a page with a list of questions.  So sorry!  Ihave been completely knocked offline for over 3 hours. Just got back on after doing a system restore again to a daate further back.  Sorry I'm rambling, have been up for well over 24 hours now.

• 5. Re: GetSusp found it, but how do I get rid of it?
                  exbrit

Moved this into the GetSusp Group and in the meawhile, until someone qualified looks at that log, try running Stinger and Malwarebytes Free both shortcuts appear in that last link in my signature below.

Try MBAM in Safe Mode.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/07/12 7:08:50 EDT PM
                  • 6. Re: GetSusp found it, but how do I get rid of it?
                    wildfire

Hello Sir!  I am back from feeding chores. I set the machine to run a new scan from my McAfee Total Protection while I was out working.  I have just returned. This run of the Total Protection scan found the file that the GetSusp scan had found earlier! The numbers and letters were even the same! This is what the new scan found....

Artemis!66D2CF87A62A

Downloader-BCS

The first item was the file the GetSusp had found earlier.........66d2cf87a62a7cc2a711baffd1d5b719...............File name.......B2CC.tmp  that was password protected.

This is what I have found when I came back to speak with you, so it seems my McAfee Total Protection caught it and disposed of it with this last run.

I am clean and green and up-to-date again with all the Microsoft Updates that I had lost when I did the System Restore.

Sorry to have bothered you. If I had only kept working a few more hours I would have done it on my own.  Thank you so very much for being there anyway. I am a proud member of the community!!!   I only wish I knew enough to help someone else.  It seems I am always taking and not giving back to this community.  Thank you Sir for helping an old woman fix her machine!

wildfire

• 7. Re: GetSusp found it, but how do I get rid of it?
                      exbrit

Artemis means that it's an unknown detection and has been automatically queued to McAfee Labs for analysis.  It could even be a false detection although that's unlikely.

Reboot into Safe Mode then open Computer, right-click the hard drive and select 'Scan' and let VirusScan scan again.

This time it should run clean.

You wont see the user interface ion this mode, only a small circle moving on the taskbar icon.  Hover the mouse over it to check progress.

• 8. Re: GetSusp found it, but how do I get rid of it?
                        wildfire

Hello Sir!  Just found your message.  I checked the place where the file had been and it is still there.  So, I guess  I'm not finished just yet.  When I right click on the file, this is the message I get......

File  'gsusp_21D73F532187_072712_132136'  is password protected.  Please enter the password in the box below......

Since it's still there, I will do as you request in the above message and go back to safe mode and re-scan.

Thank you ever so much!!!  I'll let you know what I find out.

wildfire

• 9. Re: GetSusp found it, but how do I get rid of it?
                          wildfire

Another question sir, if I might.  You told me once, I guess it was last year sometime, that having more than one Anti-Virus program is a bad thing.  I guess they sort of cancel each other out.  I now have all these wonderful tools.....Malwarebytes,  Stinger,  and Super-AntiSpyware in addition to my McAfee Total protection.  How can I keep them, or shield them, or hold them inactive or something so that my McAfee Total Protection is my one and only Anti-Virus software?  I want to keep them and not delete them just because I don't need them right now.  But I don't want to mess up my McAfee.  Is there a way they  can all  just  get  along? Or is there a way to put them all in a folder and shield them from the McAfee?

Thank you for any enlightenment you can give me on this subject!

Your frien,

wildfire

1 2 3 4 Previous Next