After further testing we discovered that the crashing maybe related to having the old McAfee Security for Mac 9 product installed. We changed the upgrade/install path to send a remove task to get rid of the old MSM product, then upgraded the agent to 4.6 patch 2 and then installed the new 1.1 security suite with MSM 9.2. (Version numbering and product names are horrible with this product line) This method worked on multiple test systems and the agent continued to work correctly. The agent activity logs show normal activity and that it is working correctly. We are going to try upgrading Lion to Mountain Lion with the upgraded version next to see if continues to work.