1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 23, 2012 10:26 AM by Peter M

Can't get use the new subscription

I saw my Mcafee subscription was expiring. The current subscription had a couple weeks left. That profile is linked to a profile that is no longer used by the person & doesn't know the password anymore. I decided to create a new account for McAfee under my own email. I bought a new subscription, downloaded it, and all that stuff.

Every time I shut down the computer then start it again, the old profile/email address is still logged it and warns me the subscription is expiring soon. How can I just switch over?

EDIT: I can log on on the website but when I open the software program, I can't log into my profile I use. It's still the old profile.

Message was edited by: xetx on 7/23/12 10:07:07 AM CDT

Message was edited by: xetx on 7/23/12 10:08:51 AM CDT
        • 1. Re: Can't get use the new subscription
          Peter M

Moved to SecurityCenter

That's because remnants of the old records are still there.  Uninstall everything via Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Progra, (Add or Remove Programs in XP)

Then run the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links at top of this page

Reboot

Go to your online account sign out and sign in if necessary to get to the right account and reinstall your software.

if that last stage can't be done, then phone Technical Support, it's a free call and also linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.