2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2012 4:04 PM by andrest

Silverlight.configure.exe?

I think I've got some sort of virus or something, even though when I run the scans they come up clean.  Every time I go into my Hotmail account and try to reply, my computer locks up with a box that asks me to download silverlight.configure.exe. 

Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: Silverlight.configure.exe?
          Hayton

Silverlight is a Microsoft product. Hotmail is a Microsoft service. Hotmail probably needs Silverlight for something.

http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/

Microsoft Silverlight is a free web-browser plug-in that enables interactive media experiences, rich business applications and immersive mobile apps.

Microsoft Silverlight is a powerful tool for creating and delivering rich Internet applications and media experiences on the Web. Silverlight 5 builds on the foundation of Silverlight 4 for building business applications and premium media experiences.

Edit  : I'm assuming you haven't got Silverlight, or that it's disabled on your system. It's safe to download if you haven't got it already, but go to the Microsoft site to get it rather than clicking on some pop-up window (that's just generic stay-safe advice). If it's on your system but disabled in your browser then it's safe to enable it.

There's a possibly related post on Microsoft Answers HERE, and a description of the Silverlight Configuration Dialog HERE. I don't know how useful that might be.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 22/07/12 03:41:02 IST
          • 2. Re: Silverlight.configure.exe?

Thanks so much!  That was the clue I needed.  I uninstalled and reinstalled and that cleared it all up.

Thanks again!