Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1899 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2014 4:56 PM by gfergus1 RSS
abjones Newcomer 10 posts since
Jul 18, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 18, 2012 12:55 PM

Signature Set Update Error

I am attempting to update the software on a remote M-3050 Sensor from version 5.1.11.97 to version 7.0.3.24 through the NSM.  In configuration on NSM, I received the warning “Incompatible signature set.  Please import the latest signature set.”  When I click update, I receive the message “Action Failed: Download of configuration to sensor has failed.  Reason: Sensor version mismatch.  Sensor software version is not compatible with NSM.”  What steps do I need to take to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Anthony

• gfergus1 McAfee SME 125 posts since
    Nov 4, 2009
    1. Jul 18, 2012 2:23 PM (in response to abjones)
    Re: Signature Set Update Error

You will not be able to do a configuration update to the sensor when using 7.0.3.24 and a 5.x sensor as that is not supported.

The incompatible signature set is because it is a version not applicable to the sensor version.  What signature set is loaded on the manager?

The easiest solution is likely to do a 'loadimage' on the cli over tftp as that should work without any restriction.

• rdb6gg Newcomer 5 posts since
    Jan 9, 2014
    2. Jan 9, 2014 4:44 PM (in response to gfergus1)

So if the manager is 8.0.59 and the sensor is 6.1.1.x I cannot push an update from the Manager.  I can get the sensor up to the 8.0.x version but the only way to do this is through tftp directly on the sensor correct?  Or do I have to stay in the 6.1.1.x 'family' of updates for both the sensor and manager?

• gfergus1 McAfee SME 125 posts since
    Nov 4, 2009
    3. Jan 9, 2014 4:56 PM (in response to rdb6gg)

8.0 can manage 7.1, 7.5 and 8.0 sensors.  If your sensor is at 6.1, then yes, you will need to use loadimage on the CLI to get it to one of the supported versions before you will be able to do an update through an 8.0 manager.

This is covered in the release notes:  http://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD24782

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points