2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2012 10:36 AM by keith2045

Console Certificates

keith2045

I've got epo 4.5 installed and i'm looking around in the settings and under Server Settings i found Console Certificates and client authentication was disabled. Can anyone tell me what this feature is used for? It sounds like to me that if enabled will force mcafee agents to use certificates to authenticate back to the epo server?

Can someone provide some examples on what to put into the fields? I'm not sure the format and what needs to go into them. Here are the fields

Trust Store Certificates

OCSP Responder URL (I think i got this)

Local path to directory of CRL files. I'm assuming i can put in the URL of the CRL file?

I've tried to searching for documentation but was not able to find any.

• 1. Re: Console Certificates
          JoeBidgood

What extensions have you got checked in? I don't recognise what you're describing, and there's no Console Certificates page in a default 4.5 install which makes me think it might be an extra provided by a point product...

With regard to this:

It sounds like to me that if enabled will force mcafee agents to use certificates to authenticate back to the epo server?

This is not correct - the agents will use SSL to communicate if this option is enabled in the Ports configuration page, so there's a good chance they're already doing what you want, and this console certificates page may not be something you need to configure at all

Regards -

Joe

• 2. Re: Console Certificates
            keith2045

That makes sense as i cant find anything on it.

I'm not sure where it came from, i was kinda given this machine