1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2012 4:41 AM by epo_user2012

DAT Pull Task failing after ePO Patch

epo_user2012

Hi all,

I recently applied path 5 to bring my ePO 4.5 to build 1188 - however our weekly DAT file pull task is now failing. Here's a bit more information:

1. We have a weekly Repositotry Pull Server Task that grabs packages (DAT) from a shared folder on this same epo server and places into the Current branch.
      2. When i run the "Weekly Update to Current" Server task in the Log it states:
        • "Respository Pull from site <MyServer_HTTP complete, 0 warnings, 1 error. Weekly update to Current (Failed to download the file)
        • Clicking into the error gives: Failed to download the file catalog.z from site <ePO_Server>:9080, error code 403 (The process is not in background processing mode).
      3. Source Sites from the main menu I have listed the server it getting the files from
        • Name=Server_HTTP, Type=HTTP, Server=<Server/ePO_software>
        • It was set up as HTTP with the URL as http://<ePO_Server>/ePO_software and port 9080 but if i browse to that via IE (http://<ePO_Server:9080/ePO_software) I get a HTTP 403 forbidden error (? - i am not sure if you are mean to be able to see anything??)
      4. Distrubuted Repository: If i click the View Packages i get "Failed to download site status file"
      5. As metined, the share is on the same server that epo is running and i can start>run>\\ePO_Server\ePO_software and it takes me there and I can see the catalog.z, Current, Evaulation, Previous folders etc and they have todays date on the,
      6. DB\Logs\EpoAPSvr log file, since the patch update i am seeing:
        • Open URL: http://<ePO_Server:9080/ePO_software/catalog.x
        • Trying to download using Microsoft WinInet library
        • Connecting to Real Server <ePO_Server> using INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_DIRECT
        • No resume download needed...
        • HTTP Server returned error : 403
        • Failed to download the URL /ePO_software/catalog.z using wininet

Does anyone have any thoughts? All automatic Windows servers are started, the box has been restarted. But as i getting a 403 error via the HTTP pull i'm thinking it's something todo with ePO's web service??

Thanks for any help.

• 1. Re: DAT Pull Task failing after ePO Patch
          JoeBidgood

Can you clarify a bit about how things are arranged? It sounds almost as though you have configured ePO to try to pull updates from itself...

Thanks -

Joe

• 2. Re: DAT Pull Task failing after ePO Patch
            epo_user2012

JoeBidgood wrote:

Can you clarify a bit about how things are arranged? It sounds almost as though you have configured ePO to try to pull updates from itself...

Thanks -

Joe

Yes i could see how that could be confusing as i missed that point out!

We have a support company that downlaod's McAfee updates onto their server initally, then they put the updates into our ePO_Software folder on our ePO Server. When then check this local folder for the weekly updates.  This process hasn't changed.

HTH?

Message was edited by: epo_user2012 on 17/07/12 03:55:56 CDT

Message was edited by: epo_user2012 on 17/07/12 03:57:07 CDT
            • 3. Re: DAT Pull Task failing after ePO Patch
              JoeBidgood

Ah, OK. Like this?

Support company downloads DAT files from McAfee

Copies the files to a UNC share on the ePO server

ePO is configured to use the same UNC share as a source repository

Is that right?  If so, do you know what method the support company uses to put the files in your UNC share? Are they using an ePO server?

Thanks -

Joe

• 4. Re: DAT Pull Task failing after ePO Patch
                epo_user2012

JoeBidgood wrote:

Ah, OK. Like this?

Support company downloads DAT files from McAfee

Copies the files to a UNC share on the ePO server

ePO is configured to use the same UNC share as a source repository

Is that right?  If so, do you know what method the support company uses to put the files in your UNC share? Are they using an ePO server?

Thanks -

Joe

That is correct - the support company uses ePO. I can find out how they get the DAT files to our ePO server but I would say it would be via ePO task/mirror method.

• 5. Re: DAT Pull Task failing after ePO Patch
                  JoeBidgood

OK, that's fine. Can we confirm how you have the source repo configured? Earlier you said you had it as "Name=Server_HTTP, Type=HTTP, Server=<Server/ePO_software>", but I'm assuming it should be a UNC?

Also - if the support company is using ePO, you will need to have their master repository's public key imported into your ePO server - can you confirm that this has been done?

Thanks -

Joe

• 6. Re: DAT Pull Task failing after ePO Patch
                    epo_user2012

JoeBidgood wrote:

OK, that's fine. Can we confirm how you have the source repo configured? Earlier you said you had it as "Name=Server_HTTP, Type=HTTP, Server=<Server/ePO_software>", but I'm assuming it should be a UNC?

This threw me too. Is there any reason why this was set up (by some previous admin) as HTTP? I'm drawing a blank as if the DAT files are loca (on the D:\ drive)l, then UNC would be prefereable? However, it must have been working via HTTP before the patch as the logs shows succesfully HTTP messages from a month ago.

Shall i set up a new Source site but use UNC path (and just leave the not working HTTP ones?) Any issue with that?

JoeBidgood wrote:

Also - if the support company is using ePO, you will need to have their master repository's public key imported into your ePO server - can you confirm that this has been done?

Just to confirm, no settings have been alterred since the patch was applied. However, if i look at Menu>Secuirty Key>Agent - Server comms Key (10 Agents - Master) and has what looks like a key string there.

• 7. Re: DAT Pull Task failing after ePO Patch
                      JoeBidgood

JoeBidgood wrote:

This threw me too. Is there any reason why this was set up (by some previous admin) as HTTP? I'm drawing a blank as if the DAT files are loca (on the D:\ drive)l, then UNC would be prefereable? However, it must have been working via HTTP before the patch as the logs shows succesfully HTTP messages from a month ago.

Shall i set up a new Source site but use UNC path (and just leave the not working HTTP ones?) Any issue with that?

Definitely worth a try. Logically if it was working before there must be a web server on the ePO server itself, in order to make that folder available via HTTP: so anything that has affected that can have a knock-on effect. Set up a UNC source site and try a Pull Now from it.

JoeBidgood wrote:

Just to confirm, no settings have been alterred since the patch was applied. However, if i look at Menu>Secuirty Key>Agent - Server comms Key (10 Agents - Master) and has what looks like a key string there.

What have you got listed against Other Repository Public Keys?

Thanks -

Joe

• 8. Re: DAT Pull Task failing after ePO Patch
                        epo_user2012

JoeBidgood wrote:

What have you got listed against Other Repository Public Keys?

Thanks -

Joe

Server Settings> Security Keys> Other repo public keys:

1. McAfee
                        2. McAfeeSIA
                        • 9. Re: DAT Pull Task failing after ePO Patch
                          JoeBidgood

Okay, those are just the defaults that ship with ePO as standard. You need to talk to the other company and fund out how they populate the UNC share - if it's in any way derived from an ePO installation, they'll need to give you their public key so that youn can import it.  (If it was working before, though, since you don't have any additional keys there's a good chance they're not using ePO.)

HTH -

Joe

1 2 Previous Next