5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2012 10:25 AM by eelsasser

Reply to tweets

ash_s

Hi

I was able to implement a Read-only twitter rules and it works well for new tweets.

But one of the users noticed that althgough he cannot post new tweets, he CAN reply to tweets.

Would it be possible to stop this behaviour, where users cannot reply to tweets?

Thanks,

Ashwin

• 1. Re: Reply to tweets
          michael_schneider

Hi,

I guess you used the Application Control filter? Which appliations did you use? There is "Twitter message posting" and "Twitter posting".

thanks,

Michael

• 2. Re: Reply to tweets
            ash_s

Hi Michael

I have just allowed ''twitter" application for the group. As said earlier they cannot post new messages but they can reply to tweets.

Thanks

Ash

• 3. Re: Reply to tweets
              fschulte

Hi Ash!

You could try to explicitly forbit "Twitter message posting" and "Twitter posting". I assume that "replying" to a post is some kind of "posting".

Ciao

Felix

• 4. Re: Reply to tweets
                ash_s

Hi FSChute

I hav ealready blocked both of these for this group,

Thanks

Ash

• 5. Re: Reply to tweets

Do you want to make twitter entirely read-only for everthing? That is, they can't edit profiles, tweet, retweet,  reply, nothing? Only logon?

I do this with a set of rules like this. Just enable the desired rule to allow/block the part of twitter you desire:

Application: Twitter
                  Disabled
                  Applies to Requests: True / Responses: False / Embedded Objects: False
                  1: Application.ToString(Application.Name) matches Twitter*
                  EnabledRuleActionEventsComments
                  DisabledBlock Access to Twitter
                  Always
                  Block<Application Control>Statistics.Counter.Increment("BlockedByApplControl",1)<Default>
                  EnabledBlock Twitter Message Posting
                  1: Application.ToString(Application.Name) equals "Twitter Message Posting"
                  Block<Application Control>Statistics.Counter.Increment("BlockedByApplControl",1)<Default>
                  EnabledBlock Twitter Writing
                  1: Application.ToString(Application.Name) equals "Twitter Writelock"
                  EnabledBlock Twitter Retweet
                  1: Command.Name equals "POST"
                  2: AND URL.Path matches /*/retweet/*
                  EnabledReadOnly: Exceptions
                  1: Command.Name equals "POST"
                  2: AND URL.Path does not match in list ReadOnly: Exceptions
                  Block<Application Control>Statistics.Counter.Increment("BlockedByApplControl",1)<Default>Exception URL that are allowed to POST

if you enablet he bottom rule, it will effectivly only allow logons to twitter and block posting of EVERYTHING else (editing profiles, changing passwords, etc.)