Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
907 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2012 4:17 PM by jennymarie93 RSS
jennymarie93 Newcomer 1 posts since
Jul 12, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 12, 2012 4:17 PM

Problems with product activation

First off, sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where to put it!

My laptop has had McAfee Internet Security 2012 installed on it since February this year. It's on a 3 PC disk registered for 12 months to my Dad's account (it's also installed on his laptop and my brothers computer). It's been running with no problems since I installed it, but when I turned my laptop on today I was told that "my PC is at risk", and when I opened McAfee it said I had to activate my software.

I tried to do this by putting the product key back in, but when it came to entering the email adress and password the password was not recognised. Both email and password are correct - eventually my Dad even reset his password to make sure it was right. However McAfee still claims that the data in the fields is incorrect.

So first, why do I have to activate McAfee in the first place, as far as I'm aware my software should be good till next February? And what might be wrong with the password as frankly we are at a loss now.

(If it helps I am running Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9)

Can anyone help me get my security running again please?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points