3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2012 4:54 PM by Peacekeeper

We couldn't install any of the security features...

I've made an account because I'm just desperate now.

My father had purchased a McAfee 3-user software but somehow my laptop ended up having its own software, meaning the other 2 lisences on the 3 -user software weren't being used and we were paying $160 for both our computers to be protected.

I decided to try to get my laptop on the 3-user software instead of the stand alone one, but everytime I tried intalling it I got "We couldn't install any of the secuirty features..."

I've tried everything, running in safe mode, using the mcafee removal tool, calling support(which didn't help), and now I'm just upset because my laptop is unprotected and I don't know how to fix it

Pleade help!!!

• 1. Re: We couldn't install any of the security features...
          Peacekeeper

OK as I see it

1 Father has a 3 licence account what do you have?

2. You want to move to his account this is easy really support should have showed you you did not need to uninstall your software.

Actually rereading your post I am a tad confused were you saying you were on his account and he could not install? Can you elaborate.

Assuming you have software installed and working you use the subscription repair tool; to move to your fathers account.

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100966

You follow this on your Pc and when asked fill in details of your father's account. Done this many times fixing up account issues with my kids installs.

Support can do it for you That I am sure.

That said You uninstalled unsure why and now cannot reinstall correct?

When you uninstall always use the windows removal methofd reboot and run MCPR. that way the old licence is removed. Running MCPR leavs the old licence still in the account to be a duplicate for ages.

Ok try this run MCPR again

reboot and run

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.e xe

Rename your PC

reboot and retry installing the software. Ensure you have no other AV installed including Malwarebytes etc.

See how this goes

• 2. Re: We couldn't install any of the security features...

Okay, I will explain in full detail what happened.

1)Somehow my father and I ended up with 2 McAfee accounts, no idea how that happened but it meant we were payign $160 for my lisence, his lisence, and 2 others on his 3 user one that we weren't using.

2)My father said that we should get rid of my account and then move me over to the 3 user account so the other lisences get used.

3) I download the 3-user McAfee

4)Tried installing it, as it was installing it removed previous McAfee

5)Then the pop up at the end said what it  says in this thread title

I did end up getting to Live support and they were helpful, took over my computer, but the live chat person said I did not have WIndows service Pack 1 on my computer, which is odd because I just updated my computer, don't know how it could have not installed.

I tried going on the WIndows website to download it but there's so many files I don't know which one to download (my computer is WIndows 7 64-bit)

Also for some reason I cannot run MCPR, everytime I try to it crashes when I press "start"

• 3. Re: We couldn't install any of the security features...
              Peacekeeper

Windows update should pick it up does system in control panel say you have it or not?

Definately the subscription repair tool will work as will installing from his account but seems you need to neaten windows up first.