On 7/9/12 my "McAfee Security Center" started a scheduled full scan. While the scan was taking place I tried to continue using my system which slowed to a crawl. When I used "Task Mgr" ctl>alt>del it took about 2-3 minutes for the window to appear. It indicated only the McAfee scan was running other than what looked to be normal processes. I could not load any other programs. It appeared the scan took over all system resources. I'm running WIN XP w/SP3. When trying to close the window it would not close. I then tried ending the scan task because the indication was "not responding". After about 10-15 minutes I finally got t he scan cancelled. The report indicated 7 trojans were detected but only 5 were removed. The report indicated; "PWRM.exe" and "Post_Sysprep.exe" could not be deleted. I searched the McAfee site and Google but could find nothing of value to determine what these two files were. I did a check of the Mcafee "Quarantined and Trusted items" and found them both there. I did a search on my system for the files without using the ".exe" and found one of the files in the "Windows/Options" folder, but the extension was "post_sysprep.done". I then decided to do a system restore back to 7/3/12 where I don't remember having any problemss. The restore finished without error. I immediately went to the "Windows/Options" folder and both files were there momentarily. Before my eyes the "PWRM.EXE" file disappeared and the "Post_Sysprep.exe" changed to "Post_Sysprep.done". It appears when I openned the folder, McAfee scanned it and made the changes. I went to Security Center>Quarantined and Trusted sites and found the same files plus "A0090231.exe" entered with the same date 7/9/12 but a different time which I assume was associated with the restore. At about 12:50 PM on 7/10/12 I ran a custom scan while going to lunch. When I returned the scan was complete with indications 7 trojans were removed. A check of the "Quarantined and Trusted sites" indicated another quarantined item; " A0090231.exe, Artemis! 6D485C9E17E6". I ran a scan with Windows Defender which showed no problems. I have not been able to determine where these quarantined items came from or what trojans McAfee deleted when it couldn't delete the original two files. The only info I could find through "Google" was on "SysPrep" which appeared to have something to do with a system restore.