6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2012 2:03 AM by Laszlo G

Configuring an ePO 4.5 SQL policy

Hi,

I need to create a SQL policy for my SQL servers... Just wanted an idea about how to go about this as i can't find any write up on good practice for SQL servers for ePO.

Here is what i was thinking of doing, i am installing VSE 8.8 so i want to ahve the policy in place before i install.

Under "On-Access Default Process Policies" choose processes tab and make sure its set to "settings for: Server" then choose "configure different scanning policies for high risk, low risk and default processes" Save this.

Then change to "On-Access Low-Risk Policies" make sure its set to server then under the "low Risk Processes" tab add the following processes:

SQLServr.exe

ReportingServicesService.exe

MSMDSrv.exe

Then change to the "Scan items" tab and uncheck everything except "Detect unwanted programs" (this way i figure it won't scan these processes at all.

Does this sound correct so far..

Another thing i need to know is can i exclude certain file types that i do not want to be scanned on the SQL server...? These filetypes are:

*.mdf

*.ldf

*.ndf

*.bak

*.trn

*.trc

*.sql

Or do i have to add the folder locations of where these filetypes are in order to exclude them?

Thanks for your time.