If Tony’s solution doesn’t work you need to remove and reinstall the McAfee. Please follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall the McAfee
- Click on the below link and run the removal tool
- Reboot the computer
- Click on the below link and login to your McAfee Account
- Follow the steps and install the McAfee.
I followed the steps form the link that ex britt placed.
I think that problem is solved.
But the mcsync.exe keeps crassing
i am going to call the helpdesk tomorrow.
Please check the following program Alcohol 120% by navigating into the below location and update me
- Click on Start > My Computer
- Open Local Disk C:Drive
- Open Program Files folder
- Check for the program Alcohol 120% and update me on this post
I dont have alcohol 120% installed on my pc.
I think the mcsync error is related to the site advisor update on 4-07-2012
see post from uwe dembski
If that so, uninstall Site advisor alone and check you are getting the McSync error message. Follow the below steps to remove and reinstall the McAfee Site Advisor
- Click on Start > Open Control Panel
- If you use Windows 7 open Uninstall a program or if you use Windows XP open Add/remove programs list
- Search for the McAfee Program and double left click on it
- Once the uninstaller window opens you see McAfee Security and Browser Protection McAfee Site advisor to select and remove
- Give a check only on Browser Protection McAfee Site advisor and click on remove and restart the computer once the Site Advisor is Removed
- Check you are getting the McSync error message, If not reinstall the Site Advisor from www.siteadvisor.com and update me
I reinstalled site advisor until now there where no entry´s of mcsync.exe
Before i had site adviser 3.5......
The version i have now is 22.214.171.124.
I checked for updates but there where no updates.