1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 5, 2009 10:23 AM by DV27

Policy to remove and prevent virusscan and epo agent from being installed.

Hello,
      I inherited our Enterprise epo 4.0 and virusscan 8.0, 8.5 duties from the previous admin who was laid off. and I need some help. Currently we have a policy that push out virusscan, updates and epo framework to all servers and workstations on our domain. Our engineering department has a compile farm of servers and workstations that can not have any anti-virus protection installed. How do I make sure that none of these packages get pushed out to this particular group of servers. Sorry I'm very new to EPO. I hope I have explained this clearly.
      Thanks in a advance.
        • 1. RE: Policy to remove and prevent virusscan and epo agent from being installed.
          For McAfee Agent and VirusScan to be installed automatically on all Workstations and Servers you must have either one of two configurations active on your EPO server: 1) That theres a scheduled Domain Syncronisation job that picks up any new Domain members and deploys the software to them or 2) that your EPO environment is running Rogue System Detector and that RSD is configured to deploy the software to any devices that connect to your physical network.

You need to check these two settings to see if there are any deployment rules configured and amend them from there.

Hope that helps.