1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 12, 2009 3:04 PM by that1guy15

VirusScan Ent. 8.5i will not update definitions

Hey all,

I have a large number of windows 2003 servers running VSE 8.5i and the majority of them are unable to update their virus definitions with auto update. Currently I have all servers pointing to a central repository (non- ePO, just a share on another server). All servers are configured with the exact same settings but only a handful will update nightly.

I have tested to make sure the share is accessible from each server and I can also run a manual update against the repository without issues from every server.

These servers are not in a domain. Security and Sharing of the repository is setup for "everyone" with read, write and execute permissions.

here are the error logs from autoupdate:

8/2/2009 3:58:16 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Starting task: AutoUpdate
      8/2/2009 3:58:19 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Checking update packages from repository local.
      8/2/2009 3:58:20 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Failed to connect to server <servername>. Check the agent log for more details.
      8/2/2009 3:58:20 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Error occurred while downloading file SiteStat.xml.
      8/2/2009 3:58:20 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Unable to find a valid repository.
      8/2/2009 3:58:20 PM NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Closing the update session.

Any help would be appreciated.
        • 1. RE: VirusScan Ent. 8.5i will not update definitions
          So i think I have narrowed it down to authentication between the two servers. Since this is a workgroup how would I enter the username and password in the repository settings screen.

When "use logged in your" is unchecked I am required to enter a domain along with a username and p/w. I have tried the computer name here but still no dice.

Does anyone know what I can do to get this issue resolved?