1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 28, 2012 10:10 AM by exbrit

ZeroAccess removal help!!!

I have been infected with ZeroAccess and have no idea what to do...

Macafee keeps on popping up to tell me that the trojan has been removed and the files have been quarantined...

Also when i ran a full scan it got to 84% and an error occured while on the second time it got to 5% and and error occured.

i have windows vista but can you please make the instructions step by step please since i have no clue what this trojan is..

Thank you very much...

• 1. Re: ZeroAccess removal help!!!
          exbrit

First thing to try is System Restore to go back to a time before it all happened.   If you can't access it in normal mode, boot into Safe Mode by tapping F8 repeatedly while booting up and try there.   It's in Start/All Programs/Accessories or go to Start/Run and type in rstrui.exe and click OK or hit the Enter key.   In Vista or Windows 7 you can simply type that into the Start > Search box and it will appear in the box above.

Other suggestion if the infection is still present would be to run Stinger and Malwarebytes Free, both linked in this document:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2168

This is Vista SP2 I trust?   Please also make sure, when this is all over, that it is up to date including Internet explorer 9 whether or not you use it as your browser.