This was a problem but was supposed to have been fixed quite a while ago. My only thought here would be that perhaps your version of McAfee is a little older because it may be provided by a 3rd party such as your ISP or PC maker?
I'm just guessing of course.
I suggest you open a case with Technical Support, it's a free phone call or you can use the online chat client. Linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.
McAfee is an Internet security software package which consists of several different services such as antivirus protection, a firewall and spam filters. McAfee is a popular program that comes installed on many new major brand PCs like Dell. One of the main drawbacks of McAfee is that it can run many background processes on your computer, which can hamper computing speed, especially if you are trying to do RAM and processor intensive activities such as media editing or gaming. In these cases, you may wish to disable McAfee Security Center to free up system resources.
What has that got to do with the subject of this thread? Not good advice sorry.
Please try following the steps given in the below link and check your issue is getting resolved,
http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101314&lang=en_US&prior_tid=2&An swerID=16777216&turl==http%3A%2F%2Fkb.mcafee.com%2Finfocenter%2Findex%3Fpage%3Dc ontent%26id%3DTS101314%26actp%3Dsearch%26viewlocale%3Den_US
Thanks for the helping reply Peter,
1. I bought my McAfee Total Protection Package on line directly from McAfee. I have been using McAfee for the last 8 odd years.
2. The current package is on auto renewal so there was no gap in the subcription for at least last 3years. I started having this problem last year and I saw a message on some other forum that this was due to some technical glitch at McAfee and will disappear soon.
3. At that time, the Security Center box became empty too. Only the graphics were visible. It was resolved after I re-installed the Windows 7 and updated the Java software. But the reappearing of the Icon didn't go away.
4. The peoblem is not limited to my computer (laptop) only. I have another laptop and three desktops for my Home-Office set up. All have this similar problem. Other features of my package such as virus protection, live scan, site advisor, and personal firewall etc all work great on all computers.
5. To be very frank, I don't have any other technical problem except for the annoying icon showing up everytime I start any of my computers.
Do you thinks this is exciting enough for you.
Thanks karthiks, I'll try these instrutions and report back the result.
Good luck 1bite. Odd that it happens on only that machine.
I checked the 'about' panel.
The Security Center Version is 11.0
Last updated 26.6.2012.
It means the problem must've been resolved itself trough the regular update patches.
I followed the instructions page up to No.7 and got and saved the following:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
It's a text document and nothing happened by double clicking it.
I'll wait for your further instrutions.
Thanks buddy. And remember, Peter is watching us with interest.
No. It doesn't happen to my only one machine. as I said, It's happening to all my 5 computers. Let's see what comes out eventually.