2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2012 1:29 PM by morello

    VSE will not update from McAfee Website

    morello

      Hi

       

      I am having a problem that I hope one of you can help me with.

       

      My Client has 2 Terminal servers that have VSE installed which all pc/laptops connect to, to get updates to their AV.

       

      The problem Ithey are experiencing, is that the terminal servers cannot update their definitions.

       

      If I logon to a TS and choose to update now it fails and the logs tell me that it is "unable to find a valid repository". Please see Logs attached.

       

      If I logon to the epo server and change the policy so that the TS's get their updates from the epo server it updates, but

      once I switch it back to getting it's updates from mcafee it fails.

       

      The update site update.nai.com has been whitelisted on the firewall and I can browse to the update site from the TS's.

       

      The servers all stopped updating about the same time, which led me to think it may have been a firewall issue.

       

       

      Are there ports that need to be open? any suggestions?

       

      Regards

       

      Morello

        • 1. Re: VSE will not update from McAfee Website
          Hemant Koli

          Hello morello,

           

          are you using proxy for internet connection????........

          • 2. Re: VSE will not update from McAfee Website
            morello

            Hi Hemant

             

            I made a mistake in stating that pc/laptops connect to the terminal servers for updates, they do not, so that does not matter.

            The 2 Terminal servers will not update from the McAfee update.nai.com website.

             

            The topology is like this:

             

            The ePO server is in a seperate domain from the TS's. The ePO server also uses a Agent Handler server.

             

            I done a test today on one of the TS's by turning off the proxy i Lan connections, but it still did not update.

             

            There are other clients from other domains running on the ePO server without any issues.

             

            The TS's are in a sub-group in the system tree that has its policy set to update from McAfee only and update from ePO disabled.

            When I move the servers from this sub-group back to the principal group which is set to update from the ePO server..the TS's will update.

             

            One other thing when I open the VSE console on the TS and go to - Tools -edit repository settings (I forget the name)... it will not open!

             

            If I have any more info I will post it here.

             

            Thanks

             

            Morello.