2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2012 1:29 PM by morello

VSE will not update from McAfee Website

morello

Hi

I am having a problem that I hope one of you can help me with.

My Client has 2 Terminal servers that have VSE installed which all pc/laptops connect to, to get updates to their AV.

The problem Ithey are experiencing, is that the terminal servers cannot update their definitions.

If I logon to a TS and choose to update now it fails and the logs tell me that it is "unable to find a valid repository". Please see Logs attached.

If I logon to the epo server and change the policy so that the TS's get their updates from the epo server it updates, but

once I switch it back to getting it's updates from mcafee it fails.

The update site update.nai.com has been whitelisted on the firewall and I can browse to the update site from the TS's.

The servers all stopped updating about the same time, which led me to think it may have been a firewall issue.

Are there ports that need to be open? any suggestions?

Regards

Morello

• 1. Re: VSE will not update from McAfee Website
          Hemant Koli

Hello morello,

are you using proxy for internet connection????........

• 2. Re: VSE will not update from McAfee Website
            morello

Hi Hemant

I made a mistake in stating that pc/laptops connect to the terminal servers for updates, they do not, so that does not matter.

The 2 Terminal servers will not update from the McAfee update.nai.com website.

The topology is like this:

The ePO server is in a seperate domain from the TS's. The ePO server also uses a Agent Handler server.

I done a test today on one of the TS's by turning off the proxy i Lan connections, but it still did not update.

There are other clients from other domains running on the ePO server without any issues.

The TS's are in a sub-group in the system tree that has its policy set to update from McAfee only and update from ePO disabled.

When I move the servers from this sub-group back to the principal group which is set to update from the ePO server..the TS's will update.

One other thing when I open the VSE console on the TS and go to - Tools -edit repository settings (I forget the name)... it will not open!

If I have any more info I will post it here.

Thanks

Morello.