5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2012 1:19 PM by Peter M

22 June 2012 remove annoying  pop up from Mcafee saying Time for your pc health check

Mcafee POP up

mcafee pop up.jpg

Can anyone please help how to stop this happening -- there is no turn off choice only "view or close"  it intemittently appears every day.  This happened once before  i guess there is a time function.

Mcafee POP up saying "Time for your pcs Health check!"  i close it but it appearsagaian and again

Are there any Macfee moderators who can help me.

thank you

• 1. Re: 22 June 2012 remove annoying  pop up from Mcafee saying Time for your pc health check
          Peter M

That is an ad for Winferno products as you must have purchased McAfee through them.  It's regrettably under the McAfee label and we are pushing McAfee to look urgently into the matter of popup ads in general.

Fortunately the ad should not recur if you click close.

Clicking Close should stop it, until the next ad of course.  But the same ad should not keep reappearing over and over again.  Are you by any chance using System Restore?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 22/06/12 1:21:14 EDT PM
          • 2. Re: 22 June 2012 remove annoying  pop up from Mcafee saying Time for your pc health check

CLICKING CLOSE ONLY CLEARS THE POP UP FOR ONE DAY ONLY!!!!!!POPup 2.png

Look  im seeing DOUBLE HERE IS THE POP AGAIN  24 HOURS LATER !  APPEARING WITH THE POP UP  THAT POPPED UP YESTERDAY.------

I Chose  selected close  -  did it close yes  did it appear again 24 hours later YES  will

it appear tomorrow 24 june 2012  YES   -- THIS is wrong  it is an intrusion and annoyance that i dont want  -  i am sure it will STOP after a time period !!!  clever coding im sure  -  or in fact pretty dumb coding if it upsets people who  will say and spread then word do not buy MCafee.

Mcaffe  should not let their approved resellers PUSH their product like this  IF I sell bricks i do not push it through everyones door to sell it !  Does this really need to be explained to the decision makers at MCAFEE.  DO the senior guys know about this ?  It is wrong.  Are there any coders out there who can guide me how to stop this in the set up of my pc.

Thnak you EX Brit for your efforts and reply.

• 3. Re: 22 June 2012 remove annoying  pop up from Mcafee saying Time for your pc health check
              Peter M

I promise you that shouldn't be happening.  Contact Technical Support, it's a free phone call or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 23/06/12 1:33:01 EDT PM
              • 4. Re: 22 June 2012 remove annoying  pop up from Mcafee saying Time for your pc health check

Thanks Ex Brit

But guess what i contacted  Mcafee Support THE FIRST TIME THIS ANNOYING POP UP HAPPENED IN DECEMBER 2011  idecided without using this forum that this forum would not be the best route but i should contact mcaffee  SUPPORT DIRECT.

MCAFFE   SUPPORT  WERE OF NO HELP AT ALL  INFACT YOU COULD SAY USELESS

THEy SAID  I NEED TO CONTACT DELL AS THE PRODUCT CAME WITH DELL  ---  MMMM  I infact RENEWED MCafee  through the Mcafee website  with a special 2 year deal  --

strangely the pop up stopped after a few days !!  Mcaffee know exactly  what is happening the popup  IS AN INTRUSION THAT IS WRONG

I AM LOATHE TO WASTE MY TIME  TO CONTACT MCAFEE AGAIN --  IS YOUR REPUTATION AT STAKE ON THIS !  DO YOU REALLY GUARANTEE  THAT IF I CONTACT  THEM AGAIN  THAT WILL GUIDE ME HOW TO STOP THIS ...........

DO YOU PROMISE ME THAT THEY WILL FIX THIS  ?

SURELY  I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE !  THERE MUST BE MILLIONS OF US ......

Ex- Brit     can you get the instructions for me  in simple steps on what simple action i need  to take ???

I will be truly GRATEFUL    you can then change your name to EX-GREAT BRIT................................

• 5. Re: 22 June 2012 remove annoying  pop up from Mcafee saying Time for your pc health check
                  Peter M

If you originally had software from Dell and then started with McAfee direct there probably are remnants of the Dell software still on your system.  Did you do a complete cleanup using the MCPR cleanup tool after uninstalling the normal w2ay, or did you simply download the new software over the top of the old?

If so then I suggest uninstalling, running MCPR, rebooting and reinstalling directly from your online account at McAfee.com.

MCPR is listed under Useful Links at the top of this page, but only run it AFTER uninstalling in the normal way.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 23/06/12 2:19:19 EDT PM