1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 22, 2012 7:02 AM by Tristan

Start scan at night or during the day

denniz

I want to periodically scan our systems on virusses. I want to scan most of our machines at night, but we have users with laptops, and those laptops are not turned on at night.

If i schedule a client task for scanning at 2 am, what will happen if a laptop / pc is turned on the day after at 9 am? Does the scan begin than automatically? Or does the scan not begin, because the machine was not turned on at 2 am?

• 1. Re: Start scan at night or during the day
          Tristan

what you need to look at is the 'Run Missed Task' option of a tasks schedule.

But...a quick search found this thread that suggests that the functionality is broken and doesn't work as expected https://community.mcafee.com/thread/20705

However the thread is a couple of years old so this might have been fixed in newer versions of the agent.

A work around, if it hasn't been fixed, is to use a separate scan task for laptops which you can run at logon (with a delay maybe) instead of a fixed time.

You could use system tags to apply the task to laptops rather than add it as a custom task to each laptop or having to move them to a separate group in ePO.