4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2013 6:57 PM by londonsec

Support for Windows 7 Embedded

Hi

I wonder if could get an answer. Does anybody know when there will be a supported version of Virus Scan released for WIndows 7 Embedded Standard Sp1

I've got Wyse Thin Clients runing Windows 7 Embedded Sp1 ( 32 Bit ) that I have installed Virus Scan 8.7 onto and it appears to be working with no problem. But it appears this configuration is not supported.

Does this mean that Mcaffe havent tested it, or that they have an it causes issues or does not behave as expected.

thanks

• 1. Re: Support for Windows 7 Embedded
          rmetzger

Hi Fizz,

Based on KB51111 https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/templatepage.aspx?sURL=3&pl=0

NOTE: Where applicable, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are implied. Exceptions are noted explicitly.

Operating SystemLatest Supported
                      Service Pack (SP)
          VSE 8.8
                      Patch 1

VSE 8.7i
                      Patch 5

Windows 8 BETA4-NoNo
          Windows 7 Embedded1With/Without SP 1No1No1
          Windows 7With/Without SP 1Yes           

Yes7

1 Support will be added in a future patch for VSE 8.8

So potentially with VSE 8.8 SP2?

Good luck,

Ron Metzger

• 2. Re: Support for Windows 7 Embedded

Thanks for the reply.

I logged a call with Mcaffe support and its not supported. Despite what the website says about a future patch for 8.8 being available, they have no plans at present to release support for WES7 and I was advised to submit a Product Enhancement Request to ask for it to be included in a future release, but was advised by the tech I spoke to that submiting the PER, doesnt guarantee they'll actually add it.

Bit frustrating as they wont explain why its not supported. I have got 8.7 running and it is updating its DAT and running with no issues...

• 3. Re: Support for Windows 7 Embedded
              hrolf

I suggest you using McAfee Embedded Control.

http://www.mcafee.com/us/products/embedded-control.aspx#vt=vtab-Requirements

fizz 编写:

Hi

I wonder if could get an answer. Does anybody know when there will be a supported version of Virus Scan released for WIndows 7 Embedded Standard Sp1

I've got Wyse Thin Clients runing Windows 7 Embedded Sp1 ( 32 Bit ) that I have installed Virus Scan 8.7 onto and it appears to be working with no problem. But it appears this configuration is not supported.

Does this mean that Mcaffe havent tested it, or that they have an it causes issues or does not behave as expected.

thanks

• 4. Re: Support for Windows 7 Embedded
                londonsec

Interestingly enough, We've been able to get VSE 8.8 installed but it won't update.  After much research it appears to be an issue with just the Dell Wyse machines running Win7 Embedded.  I've seen HP devices running WES7 with McAfee installed...no problems.  Anyone have any idea as to why only the Wyse machines have these issues?