1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 20, 2012 12:34 AM by Hayton Branched from an earlier discussion.

[Duplicate post, twice]

I was getting both the Armetis and zeroaccess quarantined from McAffee, but no resolution. The only thing that worked was CNET combofix. My internet connection is now running really snappy and there was no damage. Although sites warn to not run combofix if you do not know what you're doing, but it was no big deal.

***THEN on top of this, I join this community and get this email today:

To: orca805

Sent: Jun 19, 2012

Subject: Private Message: amakwaje@yahoo.co.uk

amakwaje@yahoo.co.uk

Greetings,

My name is Ama. l saw your profile today, when i was searching for a foreign partner, who will help me, after going through it many times, l made up my mind to contact you as a friend, Beside i have a special something i would like to discuss with you.

So l want you to write back to me through my email address (amakwaje@yahoo.co.uk) so i can send you my photos and tell you more about myself for you to know who l am.

Awaits your reply soon.

Ama.

Glad that McAfee warned me of this trojan virus, but I got everything but results in making it STOP !  WITHOUT having to completely rebuild my laptop.

• 1. Re: [Duplicate post, twice]
          Hayton

Moved from Top Threats to main section General Discussion, because it was not relevant where it was.

This post is a duplicate of two other posts you just made. I think you made your point well enough in those other posts. This one is now locked.