1 2 Previous Next 13 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2015 9:12 AM by cpromen

EEPC 6.1.3 machines stopped activating

cpromen

We are in the middle of an upgrade from 5.2.10 to 6.1.3.7409862.  We have had 400+ machines upgrade and activate without a problem.  All of a sudden the clients are not going active on upgraded machines and brand new builds.  They are stuck at Creating Event to request data for local domain users.  In the MfeEpe log I see:

2012-06-18 12:46:17,322 WARNING MfeEpeCredentialProviderServiceV2    ..\..\..\Src\Helper\EpePcCredentialProviderServiceHandler.cpp: EPEPC_credential_provider_service_handler::init: 79: [0xEE120008] no system policy set

2012-06-18 12:46:17,322 WARNING MfeEpeCredentialProviderServiceV2    ..\..\..\Src\Helper\EpePcCredentialProviderServiceHandler.cpp: EPEPC_credential_provider_service_handler::init: 84: [0xEE120008] no system policy set

2012-06-18 12:46:17,322 WARNING MfeEpeEsEncryptionInformationService ..\..\..\Src\EpeFsmHostErrorHandler.cpp: EPE_fsm_host_error_handler::handle: 71: Received service unavailable exception: The service MfeEpeEncryptionInformationServiceClient is currently unavailable

2012-06-18 12:46:17,322 INFO    MfeEpeCredentialProviderServiceV2    Service Stopped Successfully

I turned on debug in the log and now I see this entry:

[0xEE000004] System is not active, cannot enumerate disks

I verified the LDAP sync is working, 

Any idea what could have stopped clients from going active all of a sudden?  Why are the stuck at this one event?  Why do the systems think there is no system policy set?

• 1. Re: EEPC 6.1.3 machines stopped activating
          Timmah

Hi there,

While those messages look scary, they're seen under normal operations. They're all related to the credential provider being told that the system isn't active.

The reason the system isn't active is because the "get all users" event isn't being processed (or at least appears that way).

A few questions:

a) Do these machines have a firewall enabled? If so, check the settings to see if the AgentHandlers can wake the machine up. If the AgentHandlers cannot contact the client machine, the machine will not receive DC (datachannel) responses until it dials in for the next ASC (Agent-Server Communication).

b) Does the client machine generate lots of events due to other products being installed? If so, what's the MA's policy set to for "Maximum number of events per upload"?

Cheers,

Tim

P.s. some KB articles:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68628

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68410

• 2. Re: EEPC 6.1.3 machines stopped activating
            cpromen

Hi Tim -

Thanks for the KBs.  The thing that gets me is that we have been deploying for a couple weeks and everthing was working fine until last week.  All machines were going active relatively quickly.

What do you consider a lot of events?  I see 1 or 2 events sent when I manually click on the send events button in the stauts monitor.  I checked the policy setting on the server and we have 10 events set for the maximum  number of events per load.  Is that normal?

It appears that all the machines in question have turned active this morning.  I am working with one specifically that has been waiting at creating events since last Thursday.  Not sure why it just went active this morning or why it is taking so long for them to turn active. We deploy several machines a day and need EEPC to be active in order to get them out the door.  I need to figure out why it is taknig them SO long to turn active.

• 3. Re: EEPC 6.1.3 machines stopped activating
              Timmah

Hi,

Is there any possibility that these machines have a unique firewall configuration? Or are assigned to a different AgentHandler (a DMZ'd one, for example?)?

Are you able to check the AgentHandler logs?

Also, are there users assigned to these machines, or do you rely on ALDU to get a user? If so, is it possible that the user isn't being found in AD?

Cheers,

Tim

• 4. Re: EEPC 6.1.3 machines stopped activating
                Timmah

Sorry ; forgot to reply regarding the events. 1-2 events seems perfectly normal, and 10 is the default for the MA policy. So everything is looking good on that front.

Cheers,

Tim

• 5. Re: EEPC 6.1.3 machines stopped activating
                  cpromen

We only have one Agenthandler so they can't be assigned to a differnet one.  Also the firewall config is the same for all laptops.

Yes, I have group users assigned as well as the ALDU.

The EpeEventHandler log shows some erros yesterday, but nothin gtoday.  I see ths:

2012-06-17 19:51:29,953    ERRORProcessAddLocalDomainUsers IDispatch error #3121, Query timeout expired

2012-06-17 19:51:29,953    ERROR             ProcessEvent An Error occurred whilst processing the event, return code [2147500037]!!

===== Logging Service Started ===== 1, 2, 0, 296

===== Logging Service Started ===== 1, 2, 0, 296

• 6. Re: EEPC 6.1.3 machines stopped activating
                    whgibbo

Hi,

How many Registered LDAP servers do you have configured on your ePO server ?

There was a problem with ePO when server LDAP servers were registered.

Thanks

• 7. Re: EEPC 6.1.3 machines stopped activating
                      cpromen

I only have one registered LDAP server.

It is happening again.  Started last night.  It makes no sense.  It clears up for a month and then happens again for a 24 - 48 period usually.  Anyone else had  this problem?

• 8. Re: EEPC 6.1.3 machines stopped activating
                        pjw2012

Did you manage to resolve this? I have the same issue on version 7.1.1

• 9. Re: EEPC 6.1.3 machines stopped activating
                          lantuin

Hi,

same issue on me!!!! McAfee Drive Encryption version 7.1.1 and machine stop to activate. I'm stuck on "Creating Event to request data for local domain users"

1 2 Previous Next