1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2012 11:32 AM by anyonebutnoone

Periodic 100% CPU jumps

Hey I have been getting huge surges of CPU consumption for a few months now. It happens periodically whether I'm playing a pc game, listening to music or just AFK on the desktop. I have been watching windows resource monitor and have pinpointed the culprit of these CPU spikes to be caused by McSvHost.exe which is the McAfee Service Host. I have uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee with no success at getting rid of the problem. I am 100% sure that it is McSvHost.exe that is causing the problem because my computer will not have the CPU spikes when I have McAfee off. I am not performing virus scans when this happens.

I'm just wondering if there are any fixes for this problem? I have not been able to find one online and have seen multiple people with similar or the same problem as myself.

Message was edited by: gozzle on 17/06/12 16:13:37 CDT

Pretty much identical symptoms as this unanswered question: https://community.mcafee.com/thread/38322?start=0&tstart=0

Message was edited by: gozzle on 17/06/12 16:19:30 CDT

Message was edited by: gozzle on 17/06/12 16:23:47 CDT

Some updateds since nothing has improved and no one has helped, I am running Mcafee AntiVirus Plus, the Mcafee technical support only told me to uninstall and dreinstall which I have already done and the jumps seem to be getting worse. It's been a week since I have posted and still no news, no one else has this problem?

Message was edited by: gozzle on 25/06/12 18:06:36 CDT