1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 9, 2009 3:01 AM by SergeM

Client in German

Hi all,
      we use english as default language; but VirusScan Enterprise is in German(?). Because this is unusually, I checked the registry an found this:
      HKLM\Software\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Application Plugins\VIRUSSCAN8600 Language 0000
      What's that supposed to mean?
      One older machine with VS8.0 in english use the entry 0409. I tested to change the entry in 0000, but it stays in english. A guess, the client use the settings of country repository. How can I fixed it?
      Thank you for every help.
        • 1. RE: Client in German
          SergeM
          Hi,

We have a similar problem here. Windows OS is always in English ! VSE and sometimes the Agent are in French, or German or ${OTHERLANGUAGE}

What I found (noted in some other post here) is that regardless of what language I chose when installing McAfee Agent & ViruScan it seems the installer check for one of the settings in Windows' Regional and Language Settings (Control Pannel) -- where many of my users select French because they compose text mostly in French) and installs the language accordingly.

I have been testing the removal of all language packs but the English from the ePO Server with mixed results.

Serge