3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2012 12:38 PM by SafeBoot

Protecting to download Google Docs

bperez

Hi all,

We have sales docs in google docs platform for sales team, and we need to block all downloads from this site with DLP, i only see the Web protection rule is to upload to a site, but what happens with download sensible info from this site. Also the extensions is converted in Google docs format, by example a .xls sheet is converted when is uploaded and reconverted to a xls when is downloaded. Is possible with DLP?

Regards.

BP

• 1. Re: Protecting to download Google Docs

Not sure I understand your question - you want to stop people downloading from your Google Docs site on PCs outside your network, or on PCs you don't have Host DLP installed on?

• 2. Re: Protecting to download Google Docs
            bperez

Thanks

The requirement is for Internal Laptops traveling and inside the LAN, with HDLP Installed. All my sales task force are working with Google Docs, but i need to protect that info by downloading files to a usb or something else.

Regards.

BP

• 3. Re: Protecting to download Google Docs

Since the data is in google docs, and is probably untagged via the conversion (as you mention), how are you going to stop it leaking out via home machines etc?

I'm not sure anyone here has the expertise to help you though - you might want to contact your McAfee reseller and get some prof services. I would think that if the transfer to USB happens via a HDLP protected machine, you could block based on content, but of course all your tags I expect will evaporate in the conversion to native gDocs format.